Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
rendering problem
bradwehrli@gmail.com [Avatar]
Newbie Location: little rock Joined: Oct 20, 2011 15:12 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
I have a panasonic tm90 and I record in 1080p 60fps. I created a dvd using the HQ best quality and not smart fit to create the dvd. The final result is unless the frame is completely without movement in it, it is kinda like blocky artifactual jagginess to the frame. I hope you can understand that. It basically is not smooth 60fps like it should be. What is weird is some chapters are worse than others, and one or two chapters were fine. ??? also, I made a bluray disc @ 1080 (24mbps) and it came out great, but when I try to use a 4.7gb dvd to make a movie even in HQ it is messed up like above.???? Please help, because if this is how it renders, I can't see buying this. I am using PD10 ultra trial. I have core i72600k @ 4.6ghz,gtx 580 vid. card, and 12gb ddr3 memory @ 1600mhz.

Here is an attachment of my dxdiag.

Thanks for any help.

ps I am using windows7 64bit pro version

brad
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
dxdiag
 Filesize
37 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
324 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 29. 2011 02:39

if a job's worth doing, it's worth doing right.
KentuckyRandy [Avatar]
Member Location: Kentucky USA Joined: Oct 27, 2010 09:39 Messages: 81 Offline
[Post New]
Brad,

I am interested in the responce to your issue, as I also have a TM 90. I am thinking about trying the PD10 trial.

Currently I use pinnacle studio, but I convert my 1080p to 1080i, using HD writer that came with Panasonic. Then I import that into the timeline. That looks fine.

My output is both sd-dvd and bluray.

Randy Self Built PC - W7 Pro 64 bit w/ SP1
ASROCK 970 Extreme 3 / AMD Black X4 3.2 / ATI 6850 1 gb /
8 gb DDR3-1600 / 1394 Firewire / LG SATA-2 Bluray Burner /
Internal Drives: SATA 3 7200rpm = 1.0-tb, 640 gb, 300 gb /
Pana TM90 / Canon HV30 / Sony HC 7 / Canon M40
Epson 810 DVD-CD printer.
[Post New]
"I convert my 1080p to 1080i, using HD writer that came with Panasonic. Then I import that into the timeline. That looks fine."

sounds promising, I'll give that a go. Thanks. if a job's worth doing, it's worth doing right.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, Guys:

Remember that a DVD Video is Standard Definition (720x480 NTSC), it will never look as good as your Bluray which is 1920x1080.

It should not be pixelated however.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
KentuckRandy, I believe that helped a little. However, the best thing about it is I can use the avchd to create a app. 30 min. dvd now and it barely fits, and is acceptable quality.

Carl, I understand what you are saying, but it is still pixelated and "muddy" looking, and I don't believe it should render like that because the chapters at the end of the movie are fine, the chapters at the beginning and middle are bad.

I will post some on my youtube for you all to check out in a bit.

thanks

brad if a job's worth doing, it's worth doing right.
[Post New]
ok, here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iBXYkTobto

The first part is one part near the beginning, the last part is towards the end. In my opinion the last part did a much better job of rendering than the first part...??? Why did it not all render the same? Also, before I said the chapters at the end were fine, however, you can still see a little bit of pixelation going on if you look closely.

What do you all think?

thanks,

[Post New]
Well I guess everyone is at a loss to my problem, giving the fact that no one has responded in a couple days.

Am I just being too picky or what? Do you all see what I am referring to as my rendering problem, or is it in your eyes rendered properly?

thanks if a job's worth doing, it's worth doing right.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Brad,

thanks for bringing up this topic - it is also discussed in the German PowerDirector Forum.

Our Team is looking into the quality issue and is trying it's best to find an better solution.

Please understand that it may take some time until we can come out with an workable improvement.

greetings
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
Thank you Michael. I hope you and your team are successful in your endeavors.

Do you have any idea of a possible time frame for improvements to be made?

I understand you cannot definitively say. I am just asking for your best guess based on how things are coming along in your search for improving the software thus far.

much obliged,

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Brad and Randy,
Just to check.
1. Please clarify what build of PD10 your are using?
2. Please state if you are using a Full build or an upgrade to PD10 from PD9 or lower?
3. Please attach a 5 to 10 seconds sample from your camera(s).
Guide information in the link below.
Part A and Part B for Randy.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

Thanks
Dafydd
KentuckyRandy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Brad and Randy,
Just to check.
1. Please clarify what build of PD10 your are using?
2. Please state if you are using a Full build or an upgrade to PD10 from PD9 or lower?
3. Please attach a 5 to 10 seconds sample from your camera(s).
Guide information in the link below.
Part A and Part B for Randy.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

Thanks
Dafydd

Dafydd,

I am just visiting and researching. I have not purchased or demo Pd yet, but are VERY interested at this point. I am reading postings and checking out issues, before I decide. I just gave Brad general advice from my years of experience with Pinnacle/Avid and other NLE's. I also work with 1080p, but convert first.

But I will say that Brads results (as posted in his link) would be unacceptable to me, and would prevent me from purchasing PD. So I am monitoring the actions here to see how and when it gets resolved. I am sure it would be resolved, but would not be able to use it, as is for wedding videos.

I really like the attention that you, Carl, other admins and CL are giving to posters issues here. CL seems really dedicated in resolving PD issues and patching quickly. Pinnacle/Avid continues to put out version after version, with major issues, with NO patches or at max 1 (which introduces more issues than it resolves).

I am currently setting up a new hard drive to download the PD10 demo. I can't afford to cause possible incompatibilities with other NLE's on my curent work system. Right now PD10 is my main pick, just waiting for the right time to jump. Please put up with me a little longer, as I ask quesitons, browse, comment, and pass along advice.

Randy

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 31. 2011 14:56

Self Built PC - W7 Pro 64 bit w/ SP1
[Post New]
Dafydd, I have already supplied all that you have asked for. But, for your convenience:

1. my version is the PD 10 trial.
2. my build is the trial build.
3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iBXYkTobto
Part A: 10.0.0.1005
Part B: follows in the attachment

Thanks,

Brad
 Filename
DxDiag1.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
37 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
361 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Brad,

Thank you for the information, knowing it is the trial version you are using is important.

The YouTube link is NOT to the original Panasonic footage which your camera records, and it's the original that's needed for testing. Point, shoot and record 5 to 10 seconds and then upload that footage please.

Dafydd
KentuckyRandy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Can the trial be updated with the patch?

Randy Self Built PC - W7 Pro 64 bit w/ SP1
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Randy,
The trial is a single build offering and can not be upgraded with any of the patches designed for the fully installed versions. A new trial version is the only option when one is released.

Dafydd
[Post New]
Hey Dafydd, I did not realize you wanted footage from non rendered footage. Here is the raw footage you requested from my camera (Panasonic TM90.) I do not know if you wanted a straight youtube upload with PD10 not involved or if you wanted me to use PD10 to upload it, so I will give you both.

Here is video test uploaded from PD10 trial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZcYxfk0-ts

Here is the straight youtube upload w/no PD10 involvement:

http://youtu.be/fJwRpCNuSpY

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Brad,

I might not have been clear enough in my previous request.

1. YouTube alters every clip which is uploaded to it, changing them to the flv format for streaming, therefore those video are of no use whatsoever.
2. If you attach an unedited clip to your post here then editors/forum members might be able to assist you. The data can then be passed to CyberLink with a sample for them to investigate.

Dafydd
[Post New]
This thing is taking forever to finish saving on my reply...I attached the file directly to post reply, and not quick reply and it is still saving.

Does it take a long time to attach the video because it is 1080p? if a job's worth doing, it's worth doing right.
[Post New]
Ok. Here is the footage. I hope this works. (:

thanks
 Filename
11-01-2011_113730.m2ts
[Disk]
 Description
video test
 Filesize
80382 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
236 time(s)
[Post New]
Dafyyd, is the file above not what you were talking about?

I am asking because I am the only one that has downloaded it.