Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 8 not finding pics
[Post New]
I have power director v. 8. I made a slideshow a while back and since then I evidently moved the pictures associated with that slideshow. I went to play the slideshow from my computer and got an error and it couldn't be played. I am sure that is because it can't find the pictures. Unfortunately, I can't remember where the pictures were when I made the slide show. My question is: Is there a way for me to point Power Director to the new location where the pics are now? Or if I can't do that, is there a way that I can look at Power Director and see where the pictures were so I can move the pictures back to that location?

Thank you for your help.

Suzanne
Suzanne
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
The simple thing to do, is when you open the PDS file in Powerdirector, you should get a window asking to Browse or Ignore. Click on Browse and find where the images are now, Once they are located, PD will bring them in. If you get the images, just save the PDS file and the new location will be recorded.

If you want your slide show to be a stand alone slide show, produce the slide show.

If SD use MPEG-2 HQ or one of the WMV formats, If HD then produce either a HD WMV or AVCHD.

That way you create a Video that will play in Windows Media Player or other Video Player.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 28. 2011 22:34

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.