Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Set Aspect Ratio
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Bill,
I have Aspect Ratio issue "in general" as being fixed in 1012. However as you are still having issues, I've referred your data to CyberLink.

So I get all the (your) information in ONE thread, please confine your input to this thread and not anywhere else.

1. Please provide a Diagnostic file
2. Please state whether you're using an upgrade or full build and from what version.
3. Please give an EXACT action list (numerical order) of EVERY selection you make so as a member of CyberLink can replicate your actions and results.
4. Please give exact information of the source material, and where it is located (I realise you have stated this previously).
5. What is the PowerUnit of your PC?

Thanks.

I'm trying to get you to provide all the information in one post.

My ref: 258 and 276

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 30. 2011 05:28

SPICERPR0
Newbie Location: Ocean City, MD Joined: Jul 12, 2011 12:24 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,

Per your request...

1. Please provide a Diagnostic file.
See attached.

2. Please state whether you're using an upgrade or full build and from what version.
Upgrade from PD9 to PD10 (10.0.0.1012).

3. Please give an EXACT action list (numerical order) of EVERY selection you make so as a member of CyberLink can replicate your actions and results.
1. Place sample clip "Nature.mpg" into timeline (or any MPG, WMV, or AVI).
2. Select the clip in the timeline.
3. Right-click the clip "Set Aspect Ratio".
4. The "Set Aspect Ratio" dialog box appears, but it is empty (see attached JPG).
5. PD10 hangs.
6. Clicking the box displays in title bar "Clip Aspect Ratio (Not Responding)"
7. Restart PD10.
8. Place into timeline an AVI, MOV or WMV clip.
9. Right-click the clip "set Aspect Ratio"
10. The "Set Aspect Ratio" dialog box appears with the normal selections.
11. Clicking any of the five selections within the box causes a hang.
12. Clicking the box displays in title bar "Clip Aspect Ratio (Not Responding)".
13. On one occasion: Restart PD10. repeat steps 8 thru 10, the Set Aspect Ratio worked properly.
14: Close and immediately restart PD10, repeat steps 8 thru 10, the Set Aspect Ratio hangs.

4. Please give exact information of the source material, and where it is located (I realise you have stated this previously).
Sample clip "Nature.mpg" provided with PD10, or any other MPG, WMV, MP4, AVI, MOV located on C and D drives.

5. What is the PowerUnit of your PC?
Dell Precision T3500, CMT, 85 Percent Efficient Power Supply, C2 Motherboard

Dafydd, thank you!
 Filename
64SpicerproDxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
32 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
428 time(s)
 Filename
32SpicerproDxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
30 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
433 time(s)
[Thumb - Spicerpro_SetAspectRatio_Hang.jpg]
 Filename
Spicerpro_SetAspectRatio_Hang.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
128 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
210 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 30. 2011 09:25

Bill Spicer
Spicer Pro, LLC, Ocean City, MD
Win7 Professional 64-bit, Xeon 2.80GHz (4 CPUs)
6144MB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro FX 580
It takes a community to resolve editing software issues.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Bill,
The issue has been raised with R&D to investigate further - an "ebug" has been given a number!

My ref: 276

That's all I know for the moment.

Dafydd
SPICERPR0
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,

Thank you for the update!

Bill Bill Spicer
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I really hope this gets fixed, it's killing me, I have a 4:3 video tape transfer stuck in the mud. PD9 3305 would have crushed this. I wonder what kind of gremlins would appear if I back-tracked this project to V9. Better yet, the patch... HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,

I have the exact same issue as SPICERPRO. Also mine was a download upgrade from PD9 ultra64 to PD10 Ultra 64. My program won't register - says I don't have an internet connection (clearly I do.) I've disabled windows defender real-time and avast real-time. Still can't register the program. PD10 shows I'm running version 1012 when I click on PD inside the program. So frustrating!

Found another (PatC) on the forum with the same issue as well.

Do you have any new info on this...it's killing me.

I got a free upgrade from PD9 Ultra64 because I purchased it 3 days prior to the release of PD10. I cannot uninstall and reinstall because I have the upgrade from PD9 ultra64 which gets wiped out when the upgrade is installed. Any help would be deeply appreciated. Jules

Windows 7/64bit/8MB RAM
Intel Q 740 @ 1.73GHz (8 CPUs), ~1.7GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GT 435M

"The West ? No, I'm The Wicked Witch Of Everything!"
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: My program won't register - says I don't have an internet connection (clearly I do.) I've disabled windows defender real-time and avast real-time. Still can't register the program. PD10 shows I'm running version 1012 when I click on PD inside the program. So frustrating!

I ran into this, and Dafydd had the solution ready to hand: install the program, register it, and then install the patch. Jerry Schwartz
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
The registration thing is a bug in PD. I received the same message that it can't register because I wasn't connected to the internet.........I THEN RECEIVED AN EMAIL THANKING ME FOR REGISTERING.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 10. 2011 19:59

My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
luckily I still have not messed with PD10.. Have fun!
[Post New]
Thanks - but I am unable to register the program, because it says that I'm not connected to the internet.

I have disabled literally everything I can think of that would interfere w/ that communication... and done everything suggested on the forum.

I've now wasted 4 days on this - when I cannot produce, I don't get paid and we don't eat. I'm a single mom w/ 2 disabled children. Not a funny situation to me.

I even have premium phone support...which hangs up on me every time, after it confirms and accepts my TSID #. Really CL??? Can't wait to hear the excuse for that...10 calls - different times of the day, different days, all within their call hours for my time zone ? Lovely Jules

Windows 7/64bit/8MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 435M

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: My program won't register - says I don't have an internet connection (clearly I do.) I've disabled windows defender real-time and avast real-time. Still can't register the program. PD10 shows I'm running version 1012 when I click on PD inside the program. So frustrating!

I ran into this, and Dafydd had the solution ready to hand: install the program, register it, and then install the patch.

Install the program and then apply the activation key, followed by the patch. Just in case the use of "register" got mixed up with registering the program online.

The aspect ratio issue is as per my last post.

Dafydd
[Post New]
A sincere thanks to all of you who took the time to respond.

Last night I ended up uninstalling PD10 ultra; used ccleaner free version registry cleaner and the ccleaner versions specifically for this listed on the forum by Dafydd; followed by a cold boot.

I reinstalled PD9 Ultra64. Set aspect ratio works for me in this version, although, inside the program, the arrow (upgrades) shows nothing. I activated the program w/ key, then cold boot.

I then installed the upgrade from PD9 Ultra64 to PD10 Ultra and activated the program using the key...another cold boot.

I then installed the 1012 patch to the already activated PD10 ultra upgrade- then cold boot.

I open PD10, drag the video w/ clouds into the timeline; right click, then set aspect ratio... Same thing... It stops the program dead in it's tracks and I have to use task manager to kill it. More wasted time.

I followed the same steps yet again this morning to make sure I had done everything to a "T." Same thing happens.

Could this be an issue w/ the downloaded upgrade from PD9 Ultra64 to PD10 Ultra vs. the full PD10 Ultra full program.

To those still having this aspect ratio issue, did you also use the PD9 ultra64 to PD10 Ultra downloaded upgrade? ...or the full PD10 Ultra program ?

Jules

Windows 7/64bit/8MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 435M

[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,

Have you heard anything on the "ebug" reference #276 from R & D yet that you posted in reply to SPICERPRO ?

CL customer support responded to my issue with set aspect ratio hanging the program just yesterday and told me to install the 1012 patch, which I did more than 2 weeks ago. I followed forum advice to a "T" about installation. Set aspect ratio still hangs the program up in it's entirety. Their paid phone support does not work...hangs up after accepting the code. I'm really at wits end here.

Thanks for your time.
Jules

Windows 7/64bit/8MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 435M

rjsqxxx [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 25, 2010 08:01 Messages: 67 Offline
[Post New]
Just a quick note. I downloaded the latest trail version of PD10 and set aspect ratio worked just fine. I was able to expand out my video using the PIP window just fine.

I purchased a full version of PD10 and it worked just fine.

At this point, I am concluding that the problem was that I could not patch the upgrade version of PD10.

So, I am happy with PD10 now. It is much faster than PD9.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I'm waiting for the next patch to re-up. A recurring theme!
But PD9 is quite good, and 9point10 was fun with the new features, but the A/R issue killed my project. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Bill,
The Aspect Ratio issue you've experienced/reported is down as fixed in patch 1129a. Please can you check and let me know if everything is ok for you?

Please quote my reference 276, and I'll follow up...

Dafydd
SPICERPR0
[Post New]
Dafydd,

In reference to 276, the recent Patch 1129a seems to have resolved the Aspect Ratio issue for me. Thank you for the follow-up and thank the CyberLink programmers!

Bill

Bill Spicer