Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD10 Upgrade vs. Full Package
[Post New]
Bubba;
I hesitated on highlighting this 'cause I KNOW some will get all "SQUIGGLY" over it, but since this discussion keeps going on-and-on, I figured it might help finish it.

Full versus Upgrade...difference is only significant when you reinstall, eh? That is NOT new..all upgrades are the same....ALWAYS!

Moving on is the best...I agree!
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
I will buy the full version, not becouse to have PD9 and PD10 on the same computer (its redundant), becouse its the cleanest way to do it. Thanks all.

CASE CLOSE

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 30. 2011 02:38

Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
NicolasNY............. I agree 100 percent..... wish I had done it that way originally..... __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
RonH
Contributor Location: Norway (from Australia) Joined: Sep 05, 2011 10:13 Messages: 364 Offline
[Post New]
My free Upgrade was named R10_Ultra_upgrade_r_1005_GM2_VDE etc (plus the two Content packages) and it deleted my recently purchased & installed boxed disc PD9 which Cyberlink advise I can still install later should PD10 be a problem ... though I don't expect to need it.

The software did all the install work and was very easy to follow.

CYa Ron (W10/i5gen8/Nvidia)
Someone famous once said: "We only have the 4th dimension of 'time' so that everything does not all happen at once"
Kerbob [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 06, 2007 01:49 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
I did a full uninstall, and then installed just the PD 10 Upgrade version. It did not require me to install PD 9 first.