Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is there any good news about this software on this forum?
[Post New]
Hey everyone,

I bought this software to supplement other editing software. But when I look in here, all I find is complaints. Is there any good news about Power Director 9 or 10 lol.

Any success stories or happy customers?
Afghan 04-05 / Iraq 05-06 / Iraq 07-08
Outdoor Video
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hey everyone,

I bought this software to supplement other editing software. But when I look in here, all I find is complaints. Is there any good news about Power Director 9 or 10 lol.

Any success stories or happy customers?

This is mostly a "help" forum. Not too many people post "works fine, lasts a long time."
Jerry Schwartz
djmorgan
Senior Member Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Oz. Joined: Mar 09, 2007 07:07 Messages: 233 Offline
[Post New]
You don't know much about forums do you? ALL forums are the place where people come to solve what they perceive as issues.

ALL media thrives on bad news, you wont sell many newspapers with just good news.

Now to your issue or lack thereof, you'll only find a handful of people with problems, the majority of editors are discussing features or lack of them, if your here 'trolling' then I'll stick my hand up and say I'm happy with PD10 and have had a PD since 6 or 7

David Windows 7 X64 SP1
ASUS P6X58D Premium LGA1366 X58
Intel core I7 950 3.80 GHZ CPU
12Gb Corsair TR3X3G1600C8D Tri channel
Corsair H70 Water cooling
Corsair HX1000W PSU
nVidia GTX 980
Intel 240Gb SSD 520 Series
2 x Seagate 1 Tb
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
I am one of the posters that answer questions rather that complain.

I am happy with Powerdirector.
It is like a lot of software, it is not perfect, but it pretty much does what it is designed to do.

Most issues are with the user's computer rather than the software.
Video editing very much requires a powerful computer.

What you can do today takes only a few minutes or a couple of hours.

Just a few years ago the same operation would take days to complete.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
I, also, am a satisfied customer.

I try to help others here with their problems, but I also edit daily without any major issues.

I can be working on as many as four or five 40 - 60 minute DVD projests at a time.

Hal
OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
[Post New]
What a Rush;
MANY happy customers and overwhelmingly popular in some sectors. I have liked it (and sometimes hated it at the same time) since Version 3.

All forums (as stated by others) are usually a gathering place for people having problems or just wanting to complain.

Lots of us here have (and continue to) use this great software. We suffer here (and get slapped around some times for our efforts...boo hoo for me ) to try and help you through any failures we have found or potholes we have already stepped in.

Here is is one rating site..notice the % of people that buy it compared to the others (yes, not really a scientific study, but an indication none the less):
http://video-editing-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

Don't forget to give us a DXDIAG file if you start asking ??? so we can "see" your machine (see Part B in the link below)...it REALLY helps us give specific suggestions and solutions targeted to YOUR environment:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

Keep your machine STRONG..your drivers updated..and keep current with the bug fixes and patches that CYBERLINK releases and come back HERE to ask questions and you will be much happier. I have seen other Powerdirector forums and threads, but none with the level of user support that exists for you here!!

This message was edited 10 times. Last update was at Oct 24. 2011 20:23

Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
I'm happy with PowerDirector 10. I was working with the trial version for a couple weeks, then I couldn't resist anymore so I upgraded yesterday. As a Platinum member, I upgraded for $53.00, and also got a coupon for 10% off my next purchase of $30 or more.

The Wave Editor has a really nice noise reducer for wind. That's worth $53 by itself.

I don't know if anybody else has seen it, but there is now an animated paint feature built in to PDR for doing highlighting, drawing a path, signatures, etc..

It's a very cool program.

Gateway DX4380, AMD A8-5500 Quad Core 3.2GHz with ATI Radeon HD 7560D; 16GB RAM; 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM; Windows 8 Pro 64-bit; PDR11, PDVD12.
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
The problem with these forums is.... all you ever see are people needing help getting PD to run on their machine. You never see the thousands of other users that never come into or comment in here. So it does appear that all you see is people crying about PD. I have been using it since version 3 and have made hundreds of slide shows using video and photos and most are at least 1 to 1 1/2 hours long.

In the beginning I would use other software to burn my DVD's after I make the first master disc. I still do... I also need between 75 to 250 copies of my projects normally.

I always manage to get r done..... without a lot of fuss, with the exception of version 7, which for me was the total pits.... after version 10 hit the streets I had it within a couple of days too....

I moan and groan every now and then myself.... up to and including calling PD names even I cant pronounce..... BUT, I always get my project done. Some people get in such a hurry to condemn PD they cant see past their own keyboard to try to find out why they are having problems. I wish everyone had a clone of my desktop computer. I don't but there is a multitude of people like me that do not either. do much HD or will ever do 3D,

The biggest issue we see now is people trying to run PD9 and 10 on older machines that really cannot cope with the new code.

We just do not see the "how do I invert a video and make it run backwards" kind of questions any more.... which incidentally is easy to do.... So the bottom line is, you see about 20 people or so that cannot get PD to run with the highest resolution settings on a mediocre computer, when it will run on a mediocre computer if you "manage" how you do things. And sadly, with regards to PD9 and PD10 which are different than all other versions, some computers simply cannot live happily running PD9 or PD10.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 24. 2011 22:09

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
Wolfgang 1
Newbie Location: Austria/Vienna Joined: May 30, 2010 06:19 Messages: 49 Offline
[Post New]
I think the PD10 is not bad - for 3D it tends to be an impressive tool. There are small improvements required, but generally spoken it is a good tool. Kind regards,
Wolfgang
[Post New]
Quote: You don't know much about forums do you? ALL forums are the place where people come to solve what they perceive as issues.

ALL media thrives on bad news, you wont sell many newspapers with just good news.

Now to your issue or lack thereof, you'll only find a handful of people with problems, the majority of editors are discussing features or lack of them, if your here 'trolling' then I'll stick my hand up and say I'm happy with PD10 and have had a PD since 6 or 7

David

David, thanks for the cut down. I am a moderator on plenty of forums. My business is a network site launching here soon and im projected 40-50k members in a year. Talk to me with some respect. I was purely asking if there was anything other than complaints.

I am on over 30 forums in 2 different industries.

Lets start fresh now,

have a good day,

-Zach Afghan 04-05 / Iraq 05-06 / Iraq 07-08
Outdoor Video
[Post New]
Quote: I am one of the posters that answer questions rather that complain.

I am happy with Powerdirector.
It is like a lot of software, it is not perfect, but it pretty much does what it is designed to do.

Most issues are with the user's computer rather than the software.
Video editing very much requires a powerful computer.

What you can do today takes only a few minutes or a couple of hours.

Just a few years ago the same operation would take days to complete.

Very cool, thanks Carl!

And thank you everyone else, I am wiping my brow now thanking god that I didnt just buy the worst software on the net. The reviews looked amazing. I am new to it, but I want to learn fast and I hope to learn some great stuff from you guys.

I am launching a network fishing supersite with /webstore/video instructional, product reviews, trophy trips filming, guide trip filming, tournament coverage and much more. And I was hoping this software could handle at least the smaller projects until I do my documentary and professional DVD projects.

If you guys wouldnt mind, if I have questions ill post them. I am a nice guy and I am so appreciative for help. I also am a U.S Army veteran that fought in Iraq and Afghanistan. This business im launching for me is a dream come true. Thank you guys for posting and showing me that their are some die hard fans of this software!

-Zach

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 25. 2011 11:59

Afghan 04-05 / Iraq 05-06 / Iraq 07-08
Outdoor Video
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
Zach,

Welcome to the forum(s).

We will assist with any problems or questions you have. We have a great number of editors around the globe that are glad to help new users and old (not agewise) users alike.

Hal
OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
[Post New]
Thanks Halcon! much appreciated.

-Zach Afghan 04-05 / Iraq 05-06 / Iraq 07-08
Outdoor Video
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
We editors are world wide. It may take a whole day for all to see a question and answer.

PowerDirector is a very powerful NLE editor for it price range. There is none other in its class.

It has a huge learning curve, but once you grasp the basics, you begin to understand better.

Any question you have can be answered in this forum by somebody.

Best of all there is a search function at the top of the forum page. First item at the top.
A search may find answers that have already been answered. There are a lot of common questions new users have.

There are tutorials also.
http://www.youtube.com/user/cyberlinkchannel

http://www.youtube.com/user/pdtoots

Director Zone:
http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/tutorial/

Tony (ynotfish77)
http://www.youtube.com/user/ynotfish77
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

DAVID [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 30, 2012 01:24 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I've been using PD since 4 or 5. I'm currently using 7 and I am thinking very seriously about building a computer to really handle PD10. Yes, I scream sometimes at PD but I've tried others and it is by far the best. However I'm desirous to build a machine that will comply with all that 10 should require to hopefully escape many problems. Can anyone make a parts list for me? I'm not interested in making 3D projects. Thanks - Dave
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
First I want to say thank you for your contribution in the Armed Forces!
I am a Canadian who served a long time ago on Canadian Forces. I now retired. I have pd10 Ultra for a few months now and run it on ab Intel i7 2600 3.4Gh processor 12GB mem and Geforce 560t graphic accelerator and haven't had a problem with what I have done. simple camcorder home movie stuff. I have experimented with the 3D, burning to Blu ray and Mpg-2 with no problems. the only 'hiccup' I've had is Windows 7 updates my computer I may for some reason have a minor issue (my system) and have to do a reboot (twice it has happened) but after reboot everything is good.
Jim
p.s Video edting requires a LOT of CPU and graphic power with lots of memory also
Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!