Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is this a workable alternative to using my PC and buggy CyberLink software for watching Blu-rays?
Rusell
Newbie Joined: Aug 25, 2010 19:37 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
The other day, I tried watching X-Men First Class Blu-ray with Power DVD 9 Ultra, and I got a big red screen telling me that Power DVD 9 Ultra would no longer be updated, but I needed an update to watch the movie. So I dished out about $80.00 for Power DVD 11 Ultra, and after installing it with the most recent update (2211.53)--and after a couple of crashes--I was finally able to watch the movie.

Today, however, I got three system crashes while trying to watch another recent Blu-ray movie, Limitless. My mouse, sound, and video card drivers are the most recent. Still I get crashes. I posted a message regarding these crashes, but as yet I have gotten no replies.

I do not have a TV, so to avoid buggy CyberLink software, I'm thinking of trying the following:

1. Buy a BD-player (not a BD-ROM drive).
2. With an HDMI cable, connect the BD-player to my Sony STR-DH800 Multi Channel AV receiver.
3. With an HDMI cable, connect the receiver to a three-in/one-out HDMI splitter (available at amazon.com).
4. With an HDMI cable, connect my PC's video card to the HDMI splitter.
5. With an HDMI cable, connect the HDMI splitter to my Samsung monitor.

With this arrangement, I am thinking I will be able watch Blu-ray movies without booting up my PC, though I will be using my monitor.

If anyone thinks I would be making a mistake by giving up on CyberLink, or if anyone detects any problems with the rig I have outlined, I would appreciate a reply.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 23. 2011 00:02