Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't run Power director 10 (Neither trial or purchased)
[Post New]
I downloaded trial version onto my laptop (Windows 7)- The software installed correctly (as far as i can tell) but when I tried to run it I only get as far as the CyberLing Logo (with the pretty butterflies) then a DOS window pops up very briefly and everything drops out. I thought, 'problem with trial' version, so after reading reviews and sidebyside comparisons I really want to switch from 'VideoStudeo' to PowerDirector, so I purchased!! STILL DIDN'T WORK. Soooo..
I then downloaded Trial again to PC (Windows XP) same problem - as these two computers are on different platforms and using different Virus and Spyware software I am putting the problem down to other Software incompatability somewhere. Other than MS Office the other SW on both m/cs is:- Corel Video Studio Pro3; Photoshop Elements 9; Serif Pageplus 5; Roxio pro 2010; Sonicfire Pro 5. I have uninstalled Videostudeo from PC but Trial version still not working.

I was using CyberLink DVD Deluxe some years back (on different equipment) and switched to VideoStudeo when I was having constant start up problems with CyberLink, I am quite happy with VideoStudio, but after reading reviews decided to go with CyberLink - I have a Support ticket current but while I am waiting for another reply (The standard reply of swithing off other software and spyware and running in safe mode, didn't work) CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO HOLD THE "DOS" MESSAGE LONG ENOUGH TO READ IT.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Just a shot in the dark.

Do you have Apple Quicktime installed?
If not try installing.

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

How much free space do you have on your C: drive, Powerdirector needs 100 GB for editing HD files.

Hard Disk Space
•5 GB required minimum (note: 400 MB is for Magic Music Library)
•10 GB (20 GB recommended) for DVD production
•60 GB (100 GB recommended) for Blu-ray Disc/AVCHD production

Is your Video Card driver up to date? Go the the manufacturer's web site for updates.

It might require you to remove any other video editing software because of software conflict.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Thanks for the input Carl, but I feel it's not what I don't have. it's something in there stopping the program from running.
After straining my eyes trying to read the message, then trying to capture it on small compact camera, I eventually set up the DSLR on multi shot - and this is the message - still need advice on changing variable.

"OMP abort: Initializing libguide40.lib, but found libiomp5md.dll ized.
This may cause performance degradation and correctness issues.
Set environment variable KMP_DUPLICAT_LIB_OK=TRUE to ignore this problem and force the program to continue anyway.
Please note that the use of KMP_DUPLICAT_LIB_OK is unsupported and using it may cause undefined behavior.
For more information, please contact Intel® Premier Support."
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
The following link may help you identify the problem

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/omp-error-15-initializing-libguide40dll-but-found-libiomp5mddll-already-initialized/

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
[Post New]
Thanks Robert for info - sort of makes some sense to me - surely this is related to CyberLink software as I have never had a problem before; My PC is relatively old but my Laptop is quite new (less than 1 year) and I have several graphics programs running without problems - can't understand why others haven't relayed this problem.

Have sent the Error message through to Customer Support - see what they recommend now.

Thanks again
Chris
[Post New]
I finally got the courage to set the environment variable KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK=TRUE (on my PC only for now)
AND IT WORKS
After reading Roberts link in previous Reply I can't understand why CyberLink is still using the DLL "libguide40"

Intel quotes:
"Both libiomp5md.dll and libguide40.dll are Intel OpenMP Runtime library. The libiomp5md.dll is new Intel OpenMP* Compatibility library while the libguide40.dll is legacy OpenMP library. Since Intel® MKL 10.1.0.018 and Intel® Compiler 11.x and later, the default OpenMP runtime library for Intel MKL has been changed from libguide to libiomp

We recommend using and distributing libiomp5md.dll (located in the \bin directory), as libguide40 will be obsolete."

Can't still understand why no one else has had this problem - is it because I was previously using 'VideoStudeo' and switched?? Don't the QA people at Cyberlink test this scenario???

Chris

[Post New]
Even though I have been able to run PD 10 now, I am still bewilded as to why only I seemed to have this problem – I did a search on both my computers (where I tried PD 10) for the two lib**,dll’s and found;
libguide40.dll
in CyberLink\PowerDirector 10\runtime\magic module, Corel\MLE, Corel\Corel\VideoStudeo Pro X3 & Windows sytem 32
libiomp5md.dll
in CyberLink\PowerDirector 10\runtime\magic module, and in Adobe\Elements 9 Organizer
I was surprised to find CyberLink are using both in their \magic module and that it is Corel still using outdated dll. Can’t understand why this issue didn’t arise when I loaded Elements 9 Organiser !!!

Having got all that off my chest, I am really pleased I invested in PD 10, having previously used the opposition VS Pro X3, I had no difficulty in setting up a small project and now I have a few questions to ask, the first here is; do I put all of the questions on one thread or create different threads for each question?

Chris
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
now I have a few questions to ask, the first here is; do I put all of the questions on one thread or create different threads for each question?

Chris

It kind of depends on if the questions are related.

It is generally best to get one question answered. Makes the answers easier.

Anytime you post a question you should be prepared to also post the specs of your computer.
And to explain what you did.

A read here will give an idea of the information we may ask for.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

Usually we will ask for Part A and Part B.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

JosCyberlink2011 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Puerto Rico Joined: Nov 17, 2011 23:08 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Even though I have been able to run PD 10 now, I am still bewilded as to why only I seemed to have this problem – I did a search on both my computers (where I tried PD 10) for the two lib**,dll’s and found...
Chris

Hi, I have same problem, so you are not alone with this issue; I have the purchased ultra version, after installed, and entried the key activated it etc. when I click on launch icon and then in Full Feature Editor, so appears the butterflies etc. loading, it appears an error that reads: PDR10.exe has stopped working; ??? and nothing happens I can not enter to the program, I can not even being able to use it yet; so please help me out to resolve this, before I became crazy!!! Thanks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 18. 2011 00:10

Jorge Ortiz
[Post New]

I followed the advice given by Intel on the link given by Robert, every thing appears to be working fine. I've completed one DVD and am now working on my second.

Chris
samg
Newbie Location: Jacksonville, NC Joined: Jan 01, 2012 12:15 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
This Reply serves to confirm a problem previously identified within this thread and provides a way for Vista Users to get around the condition.

A couple of weeks ago, I purchased, installed and registered a copy of PowerDirector 10 Deluxe. Software installation and subsequent application launch both seemed normal. Attempt to launch the video editor resulted in a black window quickly flashing on the video then PowerDirector 10 ended. That's it!!!!

A second launch of PowerDirector 10 followed by a click on the video editor and a depression of the PrtScr key the instant the black message window popped up captured a copy of the black message window. Other software was used to crop and save the black message window. (see attachment)

I'll cut short the several hours of research and analysis (which included discovering this thread) and simply provide Windows Vista Users (requires Admin Authority) a proven way to get past the condition:

Open Control Panel > System > Advanced System Settings > Environment Variables > System Variables > New
Type the variable name: KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK
Type the value: TRUE
Click OK
Close all windows.
Launch PowerDirector 10

(Note: Anyone familiar with the DOS command line can probably accomplish the same thing with the SETX /? command. The DOS command SETX /? displays the command's syntax.)

Those are not the preferred nor recommended methods for permanently fixing the condition and it may or may not cause other unexplained problems. However, it is a temporary way of getting past the condition until the PowerDirector 10 software is updated.

Ironically, I started PowerDirector 10 this morning (New Year's Day 2012) and immediately got a notification of a software update. Hmmmm, I thought, perhaps they've fixed the condition. So, I downloaded and applied the 105MB or so sized update. The update had no effect on the Runtime library issue.
[Thumb - Cyberlink Intel Run-time Error.jpg]
 Filename
Cyberlink Intel Run-time Error.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
52 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
420 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 01. 2012 17:12

HP a6650f, AMD Phenom(tm) 9950 Quad-Core Processor 2.20 Ghz, 6.00 GB
NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
Windows Vista(tm) Home Premium x64 (Service Pack 2); DirectX version: 11
Technamania [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 11, 2012 08:31 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
woonona_butch
You ARE NOT alone. I just got my product yesterday and have been have the same issue you described above.

Where did you change the

KMP_DUPLICAT_LIB_OK=TRUE

Was it modified in regedit?

I could use your help. It's frustrating spending hard earned money only to have these problems. I need to complete a project and had to wait over a week for shipping. Then I ran into this problem with the app not launching. I also get the pretty butterfly and then nothing but a DOS screen that lasts .5 seconds.

Making this purchase was like driving 5 miles to a fast food drive-thru and ordering for several people. Only to arrive back home to find part of my order missing.

Any input is appreciated.
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
run a DxDiag.exe on your system and save as a text file and post here. We volunteers are guessing and will be until we know what your system specs are.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!