Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
HELP!! The video/audio in my project is all sped up!! What do I do?
Dr.Ruthless [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 18, 2011 22:43 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I had to get a new computer and just reloaded my PowerDirector 9 software on my new computer along with my backed up project and all my media files. When I opened my saved project on my new computer, the speed of all the clips in my movie were sped up. All the audio sounds like chipmunks and the video seems to be in sync with the faster audio. I checked my media files outside this project/application and they play at the correct speed.

Can anyone tell me what happened and how I can globally change all the clips in my movie to their original speed? I know you can edit each clip individually by clicking on Power Tools, but I never even used that function before my last save of this project and I certainly don't want to have to do that for the ~200 clips I have in this project!

FYI, I did not use the PD wizard tool; I created it manually. I also did not use the Export function when saving the file. Not sure if this information helps, but figured I'd include it anyway.

Thank you!

Ruth
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
When audio and/or video is sped up, that indicates a sample rate mis-match. Most video programs use 48 kHz, but if a 44.2 kHz file is played, the result is a speeding up. I'm not positive, but I think PD doesn't seem to use 48 like most other programs.

Now, why your computer seems to be using a different rate than your old one---??

RB
Dr.Ruthless [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 18, 2011 22:43 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi RB,
Thanks, but I if the video is being played in PD on both computers, why would they play back at differnt speeds? If you have any other ideas to help me out I'd really appreciate it.

Ruth