Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Tming of audio and video are off if I select/start anywhere but @ the beginning of the project.
mofoninja [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 15, 2011 16:18 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all. I'm trying to edit some video clips in time with some music cues in the audio track I'm using. My issue is that unless I'm starting from the very beginning of the project, the music is out of sync with the video so it's impossible to accurately time the video with the audio unless I start from the beginning every single time. It's getting time consuming and was wondering if there was a fix?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
My first thought is you do not have enough computer.

Post the requested information and maybe we can give some answers.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
Part A and Part B. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Berto2002 [Avatar]
Member Location: Southend-on-Sea, UK Joined: May 23, 2010 04:16 Messages: 74 Offline
[Post New]
I believe you may be using an MP3 file that has a variable bitrate. You need to run your audio files through something like Format Factory to set a fixed bitrate and then re-add to your time-line. There are other posts about this on the forum. I had this problem and solved it this way. It would be nice if PD catered for varable bitrates but it doesn't seem to. I find all MP3 I download from Amazon have this problem so I now convert as a matter of course. AMD Phenom II X6 1100XT
ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB m/board
8GB Corsair Performance RAM
128GB OCX SATA-III SSD / 2TB SATA-III HDD
ASUS GeForce GTX 760 2048MB
LG blu-ray RW super drive
Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit
PowerDirector Ultra 13
tonycog [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 23, 2011 22:52 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
I had a similar problem and Berto's solution worked for me, even though I was not using an MP3 with Variable Bit Rate. I converted my MP3 to a .wav file and I stopped having the trouble.

Tony