Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Deinterlacing method?
[Post New]
When rendering a interlaced video as progressive, does anyone know which deinterlacing algorithm is used?
Scrovegni1305 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Frisco, TX Joined: Jul 18, 2011 18:21 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
This is absolutely all I care about, so I hope someone answers this question. I will buy Power Director 10 if the deinterlacing has improved OR if it allows users to choose among several algorithms OR of it allows better algorithm plug-ins. I loved PD8 and 9 except for the HORRIFIC "blending" deinterlacing algorithm they used. It turned all my clear, smooth camera pans into blurry messes. Practically EVERY competing software has, for years, given users options when it comes to deinterlacing. I'm not going to buy a product that should have been released back in the Stone Age, so I really hope this has been fixed in Power Director 10.
Scrovegni1305 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Frisco, TX Joined: Jul 18, 2011 18:21 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Apparently, a low star rating here is something to be celebrated. I came here with genuine concerns about a product I've used since PD8 and has been, overall, my favorite software for editing. Not only do I get no help, but I get a one star rating. Keep them coming because if honesty and concern are traits to be frowned upon here, I'll take it as a compliment. I guess when I start getting 5's I'll have to question when and why I transformed into a Cyberlink zombie.

However, I have a useful tip for others:

DON'T criticize Cyberlink products if you care at all about the silly star ratings on these forums.
[Post New]
AND..once you lose them..they NEVER come back! No matter how long you stay or how much you help!!

I thank you for the excuse to paste a link to one of my favorite video clips..love that guy...he is so naive...like I was!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWweqP_ZWbg