Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
"Set Aspect ratio" question.
Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
Working with the trial version, the program freezes when I select "set aspect ratio" from the pop-up menu. The dialog box is not fully drawn. I have to go into the PIP designer and manually resize the frame after turning off the "maintain aspect ratio" option. Gateway DX4380, AMD A8-5500 Quad Core 3.2GHz with ATI Radeon HD 7560D; 16GB RAM; 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM; Windows 8 Pro 64-bit; PDR11, PDVD12.
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Same set/re-set AR issue here.

If I drag the Nature sample clip into track one, right click, and choose Set Aspect Ratio, PD10 and my up computer completely freezes up. My only option (to regain control of my computer), is to use Task Manager to exit PD10.

I think it’s confirmed loud and clear Robert.
Hope CL is listening.
Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Same set/re-set AR issue here.

If I drag the Nature sample clip into track one, right click, and choose Set Aspect Ratio, PD10 and my up computer completely freezes up. My only option (to regain control of my computer), is to use Task Manager to exit PD10.

I think it’s confirmed loud and clear Robert.
Hope CL is listening.

Let's hope so mate. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I have been informed the issue will be resolved in a patch update.

Best info i have.

Dafydd
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,

"Patches? We don't need no stinking patches!"

Treasure of the Sierra Madre Jerry Schwartz
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Jerry,
Please let CyberLink know: http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

All I've done is ask about the issue and get a reply (and passed on what I have been informed), perhaps you'd like to approach CyberLink and offer an alternative

Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 20. 2011 11:22

jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Jerry,
Please let CyberLink know: http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

All I've done is ask about the issue and get a reply (and passed on what I have been informed), perhaps you'd like to approach CyberLink and offer an alternative

Thanks

Have you seen the movie? They might not like the alternative.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 20. 2011 11:54

Jerry Schwartz
Watercolorwilly [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Phoenix Joined: Mar 13, 2011 11:35 Messages: 211 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problems as you describe. I am slowly going through all the steps that tech support has listed. I'm convinced nothing will help. Now that I read all your problems, I'm sure there's a bug that needs to be chased down.

Have all of you reported this to Cyberlink already? We may be just waiting for them to fix something that doesn't appear to them to be a universal problem. Bill Seifert
HP Pavilion Desktop TP01-2022
8 core
AMD Radeon
Windows 11, 16 GB RAM

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,

Best info i have.

Dafydd

Hi Watercolorwilly,
CyberLink in Taiwan do know of the issue and R&D are aiming to fix with a patch update.
Forum Moderator
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Just wish to confirm an MP4 quicktime HDlite file from my Nikon L110 also froze everything while trying to fiddle with aspect ratio. I am running 1012, at this date I'm not sure if that is the patch in question, or the next one. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
SPICERPR0
Newbie Location: Ocean City, MD Joined: Jul 12, 2011 12:24 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
I posted this under the original subject Set Aspect ratio as well as PowerDirector 10 v1012 patch. So forgive me for repeating it here, but I hope this helps.

I found the hanging and crashing of "Set Aspect Ratio" (even after installation of Patch 1012) varied by file format. MPG, MP4 and some flavors of AVI open the dialogue box Okay, but any attempt to make a selection will cause a hang and crash.

The sample Nature.mpg, WMV and MOV clips display an empty dialogue box, which then hangs and crashes.

As others have stated, never had an issue under PD9.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 29. 2011 17:51

Bill Spicer
Spicer Pro, LLC, Ocean City, MD
Win7 Professional 64-bit, Xeon 2.80GHz (4 CPUs)
6144MB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro FX 580
It takes a community to resolve editing software issues.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I'm sure it will be fixed in the next patch, albeit at the possible expense of something else. I'm torn about these things...I get crabby when these obvious things get missed by the developers, yet amazed ANY of this works, after all, just 1's and 0's. Until it's fixed, I can always use a good 16:9 backer for 4:3 pics and vids, often looks better. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Watercolorwilly [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Phoenix Joined: Mar 13, 2011 11:35 Messages: 211 Offline
[Post New]
I am absolutely delighted to report that my "aspect ratio" problem is solved with the "1012 patch" after I tested it with a sample of each .MOV and .VOB files that previously caused my PD to freeze and crash.

I was convinced with the above reports that my problems would not go away. Now I can resume my months of work on my next projects.

Forward to Cyberlink my appreciation and thanks.

Bill Bill Seifert
HP Pavilion Desktop TP01-2022
8 core
AMD Radeon
Windows 11, 16 GB RAM