Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
FIXED: Pixelated, choppy, or distorted new Blu-ray titles by 20th Century FOX with PowerDVD 10 & 11
Cyberwulf [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 20, 2011 20:35 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hello,

if you think you still have this issue on your platform, please post more information:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16915.page

BR
Michael

I have tried the quick fix - deleting the windows security update file you stated in an earlier post. That did not fix the problem.

I am using a single 27" Acer 3D vision monitor connected via DVI-D Dual link cable. I get pixilation every few seconds while watching the sci fi show named 'Fringe' (season 2) on blu ray.

I'm using Power DVD 11 ultra upgraded from Power DVD 10 3D mark II and i have installed the latest patch for PowerDVD 11 ultra build 2211

I have attached my dxdiag information for you in this post.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
55 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
563 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 21. 2011 14:47

Rusell
Newbie Joined: Aug 25, 2010 19:37 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
I did not try the workaround (uninstalling KB2567680), but I got sporadic--though not really heavy--pixelizaton while watching The Adjustment Bureau (Blu-ray rental disk from Netflix).

I am using the upgrade version of Power DVD 11 Ultra, build 2211.53 (upgraded from Power DVD 9 Ultra, build 4105).

More information on my system is included in my 10-24-11 reply in my post "Blu-ray movie LIMITLESS crashed with Power DVD, but it played perfectly with Total Media."

I appreciate your attention.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
50 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
476 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 25. 2011 00:28

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Cyberwul
Hi Russel,

thanks for the info - I have forwarded it to my colleagues and we will check it.

Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Rubo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 09, 2011 15:42 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I had the pixelated problem with Star Wars but the problems were solved with the patch, but today I was trying to watch Fringe seasons one and two in blu-ray that I bougt today and I have the issue again like cyberwulf. I have never had a trouble like this with any Warner title.
It's the same problem that I had with Star Wars with all the disks of both seasons, I don't know what happens.
My powerdvd 11 is updated to 2408 version.

This message was edited 8 times. Last update was at Dec 21. 2011 09:19

Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi please let me know which titles and in which country you bought them

thanks

Werde Facebook Fan
Rubo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Titles are exactly Fringe series first and second seasons (Warner) (Region B).
I bought them through Amazon France although I live in Spain.
Previously I had the issue with Star Wars spanish edition, although this issue was fixed with your patch.
Thanks
Rubén

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Dec 21. 2011 13:40

Rubo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry for the double post, I've got a clue about what happen with "Fringe issue": I solved ithe issue unchecking Hardware aceleration in Total Media Theatre 5 in Powerdvd is impossible unchecking hardware aceleration in BD reproduction so is something in relation to HW aceleration I don't know if only happens in NVidia purevideo, I've got a gtx 280 graphic card... or this issue happens with ATi as well.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Dec 22. 2011 04:34

[Post New]
Hi,

we can still not reproduce your issues but I have forwarded the info to our team

br

Werde Facebook Fan
ZaphodB [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 25, 2011 20:39 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have the latest update, and uninstalled the Windows Update, but I still can't play Star Wars IV from the new box set. It halts, audio stops, and is generally unwatchable

US Purchase, set to Region A
Asus M3N78-EM
Athlon X2 6000+ (2 core 3Ghz)
4GB Corsair Dominator RAM @ DDR2-800 CAS4
Vista 32 bit
Latest NVidia Drivers
LG Blu-Ray H20L

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 25. 2011 22:46

WalterE1965 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Loveland, Colorado Joined: Dec 25, 2011 21:37 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the same problem, even with that latest patch that was suppose to fix this issue.
My Power DVD version is 11.0.0.2024 (It is an Ultra Version).
Oddly enough though, the movie I was trying to play, played just fine last night but no matter what I do (example: Reboot, uninstall, reinstall etc etc ) it is still a heavily corrupted picture and will eventually just lock after about 30 seconds of playing.
All my other Blue-Ray movies are working just fine and the disk that has the issue has no visible defects, very clean disk.

Disk
Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian

20th Century Fox product.

In general though, every Blue-Ray title I play, regardless of manufacture, is somewhat choppy in Power DVD 11 Ultra. If I play the same title in another program the choppiness is not present at all. So it must have something to do with Power DVD 11 Ultra, seeing as above it works on another free player that I tried out just for testing and trying to isolate the choppiness on the same PC, or am I mistaken?

Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DX Diagnostic
 Filesize
40 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
558 time(s)

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Dec 25. 2011 22:09

[Post New]
Hi,

PowerDVD 11 v2024 is too old - you need to update to latest Version v2408.

please also check if you use Norton AV or Norton IS - please make sure to use latest, updated Version

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
WalterE1965 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Loveland, Colorado Joined: Dec 25, 2011 21:37 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,

PowerDVD 11 v2024 is too old - you need to update to latest Version v2408.

please also check if you use Norton AV or Norton IS - please make sure to use latest, updated Version

Br
Michael

Ok, tried that and was still a no-go. However there is something that I found that might need to be looked at as a conflict.

In the PowereDVD settings under the Blu-ray Disc tab, go to Advanced then select BD-Live on the top bar. Look in"Local Storage / Manage and when I deleted the file for the movie in there the issue went away. But each time I play I need to go into there and delete those files that Disc puts there (or is Power DVD doing that? ) or if I don't, the picture is severely corrupted. Not sure if it was just that or was I just getting lucky? Anyway I hope that helps with the trouble shooting and IMHO that might actually be connected to the problem, or at least connected to my problem. No ideas about the other posters here with similar issues.
I have absolutely no idea how that file can possible effect playback, but I am not the developer.

Uploading three screen shots, 2 so you can see what tabs I am talking about and 1 for the version of PowerDVD I am running.

Anti-Virus is Kaspersky.
[Thumb - Dwm 2011-12-26 21-51-51-63.jpg]
 Filename
Dwm 2011-12-26 21-51-51-63.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
297 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
322 time(s)
[Thumb - Dwm 2011-12-26 21-55-31-59.jpg]
 Filename
Dwm 2011-12-26 21-55-31-59.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
285 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
286 time(s)
[Thumb - Dwm 2011-12-26 22-13-10-03.jpg]
 Filename
Dwm 2011-12-26 22-13-10-03.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
384 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
276 time(s)

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Dec 27. 2011 00:15

ZaphodB [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am using the latest version v2408, still no luck.

nayan007 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 05, 2011 22:50 Messages: 52 Offline
[Post New]
Yes it is downloading ... Thank you too much !! Love Cyber-Link !!
ZaphodB [Avatar]
[Post New]
I upgraded the system to windows 7(x86 32 bit), did a complete reinstall of Cyberlink BD suite, except for PowerDVD, installed PowerDVD11, and then the patch, and I still have pixellation and sound problems.

The program pegs core 0.