Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Selling PD8 Ultra - Buying PD9 Ultra
JOHN NON TECHI [Avatar]
Newbie Location: S.WALES Joined: Nov 25, 2010 04:48 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I am looking to buy PD9 Ultra through Amazon, as it is at a very good price now. Can I sell my present PD8 Ultra software and that buyer re- register the software under their name? Or is there no need to register and be able to use the software
successfully? Are there any pitfalls to selling on software? John.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
There are pitfalls for the buyer of used PD software.

Check the search and you will find lots of complaints about previous used PD.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/jforum.page?module=search&action=search&search_keywords=activation+fails&match_type=all&search_forum=&sort_by=time&sort_dir=DESC

Typo edit.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 16. 2011 11:03

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

JOHN NON TECHI [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for that Carl. Regards John
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
In addition to what Carl wrote, I'd carefully read the user license treaty, you had agreed to when installing PD8....
I doubt that it allows to transfer a user license from one person to another - at least I am not sure.

Michael.
JOHN NON TECHI [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thankyou Michael, I don`t think I`ll bother trying to sell it on.
Regards John.