Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
patch 2024 dvd110811-05 coused my powerdvd to not working...
DarkanaApenia [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 14, 2011 19:41 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hello it's the first time I am posting here.I downloaded that patch yesterday, and everything went awfull. From the moment I install that patch, everyhting fucked up. Disc or video are not playing (programm is crashing snd close). I uninstall it and reinstall it, the problem won't go away. At some point of the reinstall programm crashed when I open set up (sound or video) and from that moment when i press set-up it crashes and closes. I e-mail my problem yesterday and still no response . I reinstall it a second time (I bought the ultra powerdvd9 and upgraded to 10 then to 11) and I have left it in powerdvd9 since problem insist. I can't see any of my movies since yesterday.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sep 18. 2011 03:11

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
welcome to our Forum!

Please use a proper language - or I need to remove the postings!

Can you pleaseforward the Suport Ticket ID you received for your inquiry?

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
DarkanaApenia [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yeah sorry about that... I fixed my origianl post . Yes the ticket ID is CS001057895. Just had some people over came to see a movie, when it happened and we (espeacially me) got really dissapointed and mad. Just posetd it here in case someone else got the same problem and might fixed maybe chould help me helped me. Support told me to reset to 1024 x 768 and 16 bit, did it but same thing is happening... As I said to support I am thinking about format, but I really want to avoid it...

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Sep 18. 2011 03:21

Paulochon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 07, 2011 13:21 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem but it doesn't crash. For me it's launching the disc reading.. but it stop after few seconds without doing anything more.
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Yeah sorry about that... I fixed my origianl post . Yes the ticket ID is CS001057895. Just had some people over came to see a movie, when it happened and we (espeacially me) got really dissapointed and mad. Just posetd it here in case someone else got the same problem and might fixed maybe chould help me helped me. Support told me to reset to 1024 x 768 and 16 bit, did it but same thing is happening... As I said to support I am thinking about format, but I really want to avoid it...

hi,

please help to provide the askd information to the support

- current version
- DXDIAG
- Crash dump log

thanks and Br
Michael

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 22. 2011 04:20

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
DarkanaApenia [Avatar]
[Post New]
I provided those info in the ticket ,but don't know how to find crash dump log. Where I can find that?
[Post New]
Hi,

it's for PDIR - but also applies for PDVD
[FAQ] How to provide event log? Please refer to the link:
ENU: http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/faq-content.do?id=10449

[FAQ] How to provide a dump file? Please refer to the link below:
ENU: http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/faq-content.do?id=12297
Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
DarkanaApenia [Avatar]
[Post New]
Chouldn't wait guys and did a format (and a backup this time). Seems ok now. I will contact if any problems appear (except star wars issue, what fox is doing gees...)