Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
powerdvd 10 will not play the starwars boxset
caseking123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 16, 2011 23:30 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Are you not going to support power dvd 8 ultra ? It has the same problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ted [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 17, 2011 09:20 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having issues with PowerDVD 8. Any other? Or do I need to cough up the cash for 11?
RockO2 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 21, 2010 07:44 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Are you not going to support power dvd 9 ???? Or was the information i send to the support team a waste of time on my end ? when other customer are having the problem sic Monday 12 September 2011. ???
adamw264 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 17, 2011 15:03 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Installing the patch 3306 makes the Power DVD 10 able to play the Star Wars blu-rays, but the CPU usage is very high - almost 40% on my Q9450 (one core is maxed out, the others are lightly loaded), and there is a picture corruption happening randomly. Activating AnyDVD HD fixes these problems, so it looks like the PowerDVD is not able to handle the copy protection of these discs. Will there be a fix for this? Thanks.
ben [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 08, 2009 07:10 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I concur with adamw264 - core one on my processor is at 100% while the others are lagging...

Plus side is that it is now playing (PowerDVD10) so that is the main thing.

lostsomething12 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 14, 2011 22:49 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
and there is a picture corruption happening randomly.

Getting that too, in this and X-Men First Class.
shoverbj [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 17, 2011 22:41 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
After updating to patch 3306 I can get past the "You must update..." screen that comes up when I place the disc into my player.

But now, like the others, while playing the first core of my CPU (Core i3 530) is running at 100% and after 3 minutes or so the picture starts scrambling.

This is a major issue and I expect for it to be dealt with swiftly, else there should be some sort of compensation for having to wait on something that should have been dealt with before the disc was even released.
R1CHY_B [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 18, 2011 10:58 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Urgh these pictures are nasty, why did we have to wait a week after the retail release to receive such a shoddy patch. Having to wait 5 days after buying a blu ray to only be able to see the main menu without picture loss is shocking service.

I assumed buying a product that it would work, instead I'm now looking at taking my business to AnyDVD HD which seems to understand how to program software.
Miha [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 30, 2010 08:50 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
OMG what a fail. Starwars, what the heck - why the new encryption? PowerDVD - problems with playback is nothing unusual. Blue ray in general - problems, nothing but problems.

Waiting and wondering for a PowerDVD v9 patch while discs sitting idle.
paperpete [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 15, 2011 11:05 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, I'm waiitng for a patch for v9 as well. Sent all my reports to the support guys and was given a reply that suggests patience because they're doing everything they can to try to solve the issue.

But they don't specifically say that they are working on a patch for v9 and they haven't said that anywhere in this forum, either.

Cyberlink - please respond IN THIS THREAD, TODAY. Will you patch PowerDVD (and Ultra) v9 to solve this problem or not?
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: After updating to patch 3306 I can get past the "You must update..." screen that comes up when I place the disc into my player.

But now, like the others, while playing the first core of my CPU (Core i3 530) is running at 100% and after 3 minutes or so the picture starts scrambling.

This is a major issue and I expect for it to be dealt with swiftly, else there should be some sort of compensation for having to wait on something that should have been dealt with before the disc was even released.

Hi Benjamin,

ca you please post the DXDIAG of your platform here as attachment?

Pleas check this thread:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page

thanks and BR
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
shoverbj [Avatar]
[Post New]
Michael

This is "Benjamin", the system just made me change my username for some reason.

Please find attached my dxdiag.txt file.

Thank you for replying to me in this forum as my help request that I submitted has not been replied to since Saturday.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag file
 Filesize
33 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
473 time(s)
RockO2 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 21, 2010 07:44 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
To Administrator/ Support Team

Please can you send me some up to date information fromt the e-mail i had sent you
about my computer, and how you are trying to sort the problem out.

My Ticket ID: CS001058446

I sented you the Attachments information from useing the CyberLink Disc & 3D Advisor also the CollectUserfo

For you to have a look at when i was asking about the problems with the
PowerDVD 9.. Please can i have some up to date information.

The name that was ddealing with my Ticket was
Amit
CyberLink Technical Support

thank you.
maggot01 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 16, 2011 17:23 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I am also having the stuttering issues after a few minutes of play.
POWERDVD 10 Ultra II after the latest patch 3306
 Filename
DEBUG_CLDetect_MURITOR_2011_09_20_21_27_14.zip
[Disk]
 Description
BD Advisor
 Filesize
2 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
467 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag Starwars.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DX Diag
 Filesize
33 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
445 time(s)
don [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 12, 2011 16:13 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have not been able to play a Blu Ray from my computer for months... I am so fed up with Power DVD! What a piece of junk! The worst purchase that I have made in the last 3 yrs! It would never update and now I get an error code! What a waste of money! DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

there are two issues we are investigating with high prio:

1. pixelation while playback Star Wars BD
2. High CPU load on one core while playback BD Star wars

once we have fixed those issues we will release a new fix

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
shoverbj [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for all of your updates Michael. Is there by chance a timeline you are working towards for having these issues resolved?
BenFB [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 19, 2011 23:34 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,

there are two issues we are investigating with high prio:

1. pixelation while playback Star Wars BD
2. High CPU load on one core while playback BD Star wars

once we have fixed those issues we will release a new fix

Br
Michael

Are you working on patches for PowerDVD 8 or 9? There are a lot of us that can't play the new Star Wars at all with 8 or 9.
Miha [Avatar]
[Post New]
Below is a response I've got from support (regarding PowerDVD v9). It looks like at least v9 will be patched sooner or later.

<snip />
"CyberLink is going to release a new patch for PowerDVD 9, to resolve the issue. You can check for the latest update patch for CyberLink PowerDVD 9, at below given link:

http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdvd/patches_en_US.html"
<snip />
BenFB [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 19, 2011 23:34 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Below is a response I've got from support (regarding PowerDVD v9). It looks like at least v9 will be patched sooner or later.

<snip />
"CyberLink is going to release a new patch for PowerDVD 9, to resolve the issue. You can check for the latest update patch for CyberLink PowerDVD 9, at below given link:

http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdvd/patches_en_US.html"
<snip />

That's really good news, although right now the patch list shows no patches for vers. 9 since May. I have one computer with vers. 9 and one with vers. 8 (both oem versions included with BD drive). Oddly, the vers. 8 one came with a drive this year, while the vers.9 came with one last year.
Miha [Avatar]
[Post New]
I assume the drive with v8 was an old batch or something.