Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 10.0 Patch, When?
JPV555 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 19, 2011 16:07 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I see PowerDVD 11 recently received a patch. Are we going to see any for 10 (and lower)? I'm finding mine will not play certain Fox titles (as discussed in the X-Men First Class thread) and the last patch was in May.
Charles1701 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 09, 2011 17:52 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Bump

I really hate these new security measures that are preventing us from playing our movies. not all of us are pirates. We actually went out to buy the movies and now can't play them. I hate how this industry is making everyone suffer because a few people decide to ruin it for all of us.

so please cyberlink fix this. cause all of us have paid quite a bit of money for your products and this is making me not want to upgrade to the next level of power dvd if this is what we get.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 11. 2011 09:51

Will [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 13, 2011 05:49 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I agree 100%. Lately, I haven't been able to get any new BDs to play. RIO was the first with problems. Then, Updated to latest build- 10Ultra, 5/23/11 with no luck. Submitted ticket and never heard back. Just rented Thor and now its saying my video card isn't HDCP compatible??? I've got a Radeon 4800 and it is HDCP compatible. What's the deal? Is PowerDVD 11 having all these problems?
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
a patch is planned for end of September

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
ben [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 08, 2009 07:10 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Michael,

Can you confirm that the problem with the Fox videos will be fixed?

I can play Star Wars BD films using your rivals player, but am bewildered why I can't play the discs.

many thanks....
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

yes - according to our CS and RD team the isse with FOX titles will be fixed!

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
Hi
the PowerDVD 10 patch to v3306 has been released tonight and is available from within the application

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
ben [Avatar]
[Post New]
Michael -

Thank you very much for patching the player! It now plays Star Wars (and hopefully the Firefly set that turned up today).

Unfortunately, my cat escaped the house today. He was injured in a fight at the weekend, and I took him to the vets on Monday - this is when the Star Wars BD box set turned up.

Since he has been wearing the collar to protect his wound, he has been unable to leave the house through the catflap due to its size. Today however, I found that:

a) you release a patch that enables me to watch Star Wars, and
b) Little kitten Frank escaped through the catflap.

Obviously your patch enabled him to escape, so I'm wondering what sort of recompense I am entitled to - This did cause me some distress when I arrived home and couldn't find him in the house.

Yours,

ben.

p.s. - he was in the garden two doors away, sunbathing. I took the collar off and he has now stopped licking the wound.
keln78 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 16, 2011 18:02 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I patched to 3306, and it still will not play Star Wars...
[Post New]
Hi Jason,

you may contact the support team in this case - as you can see from other posts the patch fixes the issue for other users.

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
ben [Avatar]
[Post New]
Michael:

Still no reply to my problem: should I raise an official request?

Latest on the wound is that Frank has lifted one side of it, but it is still uninfected. As a bonus, I can still watch Star Wars BD.

R1CHY_B [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 18, 2011 10:58 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Jason,

you may contact the support team in this case - as you can see from other posts the patch fixes the issue for other users.

Br
Michael

I'm sorry what posts are these? Most of the posts I read are saying that the films load but are unwatchable due to the picture breakup as the only one core on multicore machines are being maxed out.