Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Strange picture distortion - Star Wars blu ray
Paulochon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 07, 2011 13:21 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
It is a new update, build 2114, my problem still there too (can't read any blu-ray at all).
Tostito80 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 17, 2011 18:56 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
I also downloaded build 2114 today and I can at least play star wars without the application freezing up. However, I still get the weird color artifacts at random points. I can not make it repeat at any exact time stamp either. One moment we are watching just fine, the next all kinds of weird pixelation and color fragments all over the screen. Drivers are up to date and LG has not pushed any new firmware out for a while.
fracas [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 19, 2011 15:19 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I've updated to 2114 as well with no difference. Processor 0 is mostly at 100% and occasional distortion/pixelation on playing Star Wars BluRay discs !!

What happened to the update??
Dotwin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 19, 2011 09:22 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
It seems that nothing will happen :-/
Manoroid [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 10, 2010 23:07 Messages: 143 Offline
[Post New]
Unfortunately with this new update star wars still plays with all the Artifacting and pixelation. . Not good cyberlink.
fracas [Avatar]
[Post New]
I bought PowerDVD 11 Ultra because of Star Wars !!!!! What have I paid for ????
Marek [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 17, 2011 09:04 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Is the anyone from Cyberlink can answer us? I bought PowerDVD 11 Ultra because of Star Wars too!!!
Tostito80 [Avatar]
[Post New]
They replied to me on facebook after i asked about the color artifacts with the following: "Our team is buying more discs of Starwars from more countries and checking various version/platform. Will keep looking into the issue until all fixed."

Not sure what to make of it. Perhaps different region discs are setup uniquely.
fracas [Avatar]
[Post New]
On top of my problems with the Star Wars playback, everything is in mono!!!! It's like the 'upgrade' from 9 to 11 is in fact a downgrade and it cost me ! I'm gonna want my money back soon !
Paulochon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 07, 2011 13:21 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
You have 30 days after your purchase date to claim a refund. Let's see if they can fix these awful bugs in that delay.
Megalun [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 20, 2011 18:29 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Update didn't do much for me and still getting corrupt picture every now and then. However for everyones' information I did manage to rip all BD discs to hard drive and they play fine with PWDVD11 when read off HDD. Still Core0 100% though.
ike0576 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 02, 2011 21:41 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
The reason for the artifacts is the BD+ encryption. The one processor running at 100% is another issue. Cyberlink needs to get this addressed because this has been an issue since Avatar. I thought Cyberlink was a member of the BD+ community so they should be able to correct this. By not fixing the issue totally, they are encouraging people to find ways of removing the BD+ encryption with other software or use a competitor's DVD software. It's a shame that us honest people have to deal with these issues. Hollywood is ultimately responsible for this mess, but like I said Cyberlink should have all the info they need from the BD+ community to fix the issues. They should have the decryption keys with every BD+ update. I bet the people with software to remove BD+ update faster than companies that make software to legally decrypt it like Cyberlink.
Tostito80 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I decided to poke LG support to see if there may possibly be a firmware update needed.
Megalun [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 20, 2011 18:29 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: The reason for the artifacts is the BD+ encryption. The one processor running at 100% is another issue. Cyberlink needs to get this addressed because this has been an issue since Avatar. I thought Cyberlink was a member of the BD+ community so they should be able to correct this. By not fixing the issue totally, they are encouraging people to find ways of removing the BD+ encryption with other software or use a competitor's DVD software. It's a shame that us honest people have to deal with these issues. Hollywood is ultimately responsible for this mess, but like I said Cyberlink should have all the info they need from the BD+ community to fix the issues. They should have the decryption keys with every BD+ update. I bet the people with software to remove BD+ update faster than companies that make software to legally decrypt it like Cyberlink.

Ya totally agree....The BR ripping software I used manged a fix within 24 hours and is 'Fab'

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 21. 2011 04:57

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

we are investigating the two issues related to Star Wars and FOX titles:

1. high CPU load on on CPU Core
2. pixelated picture

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
christer [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 21, 2011 08:26 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I also have same problem with Star Wars BD. Please fix ASAP
IceBerge12 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Seattle Joined: Sep 21, 2011 14:33 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I as well have the same problem with Power DVD 11 and Star Wars BD. The bonus disks play fine but the movies get picture distortion and has crashed once. Hope my $40 investment in Power DVD allows me to watch it soon. Been waiting kinda of a while to watch these on Blu Ray...
Manoroid [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 10, 2010 23:07 Messages: 143 Offline
[Post New]
So I went to do some digging at the arcsoft total media 5 forum site and found out that that software is also having the same problems playing star wars with the pixelation and the 100% CPU core problem. Hearing this worries me if they will be able to play these movies corectly
IceBerge12 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Seattle Joined: Sep 21, 2011 14:33 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Almost makes me want to just buy a Blu Ray player and watch it seperate from my computer...
Techusercent21 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 21, 2011 22:41 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Star Wars Blu-Ray no workie. Had PowerDVD 8; no problems playing all kinds of Blu-Ray discs with LG player/Win7. Just got the Star Wars Blu-Ray set; get an unsupported format error. Ok, figured CyberLink is not going to keep the freebie PowerDVD 8 that came with my LG up to date. Fine; purchased and installed full version of PowerDVD 11 Standard. Installed PowerDVD 2114 patch, all Windows updates (Win 7 Pro, SP1), and LG firmware is up to date. Put in any of the brand new Star Wars Blu-Ray discs and try to play with PowerDVD 11 and get "PowerDVD11" "There is a disc with an unsupported format in drive D:". So a major newly released Blu-Ray disc in an LG Blu-Ray drive is an unsupported format? Have no problems viewing files and folder listings on any of the Star Wars discs in Windows or PowerDVD Video tab. Arrrrrggggghhhh!!!!!!!
Canuc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 21, 2011 23:16 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm very disapointed with Cyberlink
I have the same problem of flickering in version 10 and 11 (full ultra package)

The only blue ray capable unit is my computer
(windows7 / 64 bits / core duo quade 3.0 gHz / 8Gig Mem. / fast Hard drives)
After changing the blue ray collection at the store, I got the same problem again today.
So the problem was my computer, the software or the disc ?

I have Nero 10 mutimedia suite (latest version)
I never used it to play blue ray before, so I decided to give it a try

It works perfectly, very fast when advancing the fim etc... - works with no problem
The problem is not my computer cool !

So I'm certain that PowerDVD still has a major problems (even after installing the update of the 19/09)
I've been using powerDVD 6,7,8,910,11
very disapointed with powerdvd

Well at least I'm able to watch the movie now (with nero)

Canuc
(Senior System Administrator)