Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can not produce files - PD9 freezes.
Nathan H [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 17, 2011 21:00 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
All,

As some of you may recall I have a Canon HF-S30 HD video camera and had some issues before where the last frame in every clip was freeezing http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/18265.page#94086 and that a reinstall seemed to have fixed it.

Well unfortunately that's not the case and even worse I can not produce any projects that are of a decent length. I have managed to produce a couple of movies of up to 20 minutes but now I have two projects each of about 45 minutes long that I can not produce.

Ideally I want to produce them as H.264 AVCHD (1920x1080 24Mbs same as the footage was shot at) but the program seems to freeze at various points when producing. The freeze always seems to relate to a time when there is a change of clip or a transition etc. The time code of the movie just freezes but the time to complete just keeps increasing. I can click on the cancel rendering button and sometimes PD9 works fine after that and other times it locks completely. One project has never gotten past 10%.

I have made sure my graphic drivers are up to date, made sure I have a lot of free space on the C: drive and the drive that I store my video files on. I have tried to write the produce files to either drive, I do not enable preview on production, I have tried it with and without hardware acceleration. I have closed as many background tasks as I am comfortable doing, I have suspended the realtime protection of my antivirus software and NOTHING has helped.

I am pulling my hair out at the moment especially because I am now suffering frequent lock ups and crashes while editing so to get my 45 minute project has taken a week of nightly editing and hair loss.

I have not yet tried to reinstall PD9 again but I would hope I don't have to do so before every new project. I also haven't changed any of the camera setting from earlier projects (still high res 24fps, 24Mbs).

I have attached my DXDiag files and hope that someone has a suggestion. If you see a weak link in the hardware that could be causing this I am happy to invest.

PD9 worked fine on this PC for my old DV camera but this new HD camera footage seems to be causing issues. (I knew it would take more power to edit HD footage but wasn't expecting so many issues).

Thanks in advance,
Nathan H
 Filename
64NathanHDxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
NathanH 64bit DXDiag
 Filesize
35 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
279 time(s)
 Filename
NathanHDxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
NathanH DXDiag
 Filesize
28 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
253 time(s)
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]

The only thing I would try is to reduce your Display resolution.

Current Mode: 2048 x 1152 (32 bit) (60Hz)

I know your monitor's native mode is the same, but your monitor should be happy with 1280 x 768.

The 1280 x 768 is not exactly correct for 720P, but Powerdirector will not run if the vertical resolution is less than 768.

That would take some of the load off of your video card and leave more for rendering Video.

There is a check mark in the ATI catalyst software that you probably should uncheck in order for the 1280 x 768 resolution to fill out your screen. See attached image.

[Thumb - Catalyst software.jpg]
 Filename
Catalyst software.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Uncheck Use Extended Display ID data
 Filesize
59 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
134 time(s)
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Nathan H [Avatar]
[Post New]
Carl,

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately it still gets stuck at the same 10%.

On a side note I don't have that option in my ATI catalyst center, mine doesn't say VGA monitor it says LCD display (or something like that) so I just changed the screen resolution by right clicking on the desktop.
Nathan H [Avatar]
[Post New]
I tried removing the transition at the freeze point and this time I got a "Media Source error. A front end graph streaming error occured" error when the produce reached the same point.

Does anyone use PD9 with the Canon HF-S30 succesfully?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Maybe read other posts on the same error.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/14276.page
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Nathan H [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Carl,

I had looked at that post before and didn't really see anything that helped. So I took the drastic measure of uninstalling, cleaning and reinstalling again and guess what, it worked first time!

Now I have to try and work out what is happening to my PD9 (or PC) that causes it to go wrong and can be fixed with a reinstall.
Nathan H [Avatar]
[Post New]
As a quick update. The produce worked fine for a day and then stopped working at the 10% point again. Bearing in mind
I have not installed any new programs or drivers in between times I found this very strange (and frustrating). So I uninstalled-reinstalled and voila once again it works. This seems really strange behaviour to me and can only hope I can work out why its happening!
Rocket-Scientist
Senior Member Location: HUNTSVILLE, ALABAMA Joined: Apr 23, 2010 10:14 Messages: 288 Offline
[Post New]
can you disable/remove the DTSOFT virtual CDrom Device (use control panel) ?

I have seen interaction with virtual devices and "produce", sometimes the software thinks you have an actual cd in the drive and tries to match those characteristics to the produce format ... i would think it qualifies as a bug, but what the heck.

Daffyd had a great section on what was happening at 10% and at other stages in the produce cycle, try a seacrh of this forum.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 07. 2011 14:36

RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
(2 NVME 2TB, 1 SSD 2TB, 3SATA 18TB )
PD18 ULTIMATE 64bit
WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 BIT
GIGABYTE X570 AORUS PRO WIFI MB
RYZEN 7 3700X 8-CORE , 64 GB DDR4
ORSAIR HX1050 watts PSU
TexasCityDave#1
Newbie Location: Southeast TX Joined: Aug 08, 2011 22:58 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
If I may ask, are you capturing the video from the camera using PD9?

I ask this just out of curiosity. I have the Canon S20 and haven't experienced any significant problems. I am transferring my video from the camera to my computer harddrive without using PD9. Then I run PD9 and import the file.

WINDOWS 7 PRO 64 BIT [SP1]
ASUS P8P67LE MB
Intel Ci7 2600K 3.40 Ghz
2X 8GB 1600Mhz Dual BL
2X EVGA GTX460 1GB SC
120GB Corsair Force 3 SSD
2X 1TB WD10000 SRTL Caviar Black
PD 9 Ultra 64
LG-12X Blu-Ray
Cameras: Canon 7D, Canon HF S21
Nathan H [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the suggestion guys.

TexasCityDave#1 - I do not use PD9 to capture the video. I have just been copyign the files using windows explorer and then importing as you do.

Rocket-Scientist - I'll check in to the DTSOFT thing and Daffyd's 10% info. Thanks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 07. 2011 17:06

Nathan H [Avatar]
[Post New]
Rocket-Scientist,

So far so good after deleting Daemon tools. Haven't had a chance to do too much but things I have tried worked fine.

I'll keep checking but looks like that might have been the problem.

Thanks,
NathanH