Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Download Upgrade to V.11 will not install
keefy [Avatar]
Member Location: Isle of Wight Joined: Aug 19, 2008 09:20 Messages: 100 Offline
[Post New]
I have recently purchased and downloaded the Upgrade to Power DVD11 Ultra.

Before installing it, I checked my previous version 10 to make sure all was OK, then I went ahead with the new installation.

The installation failed - with a error message suggesting I did not have the previous version on my system, then aborted. I returned to V.10 to check it again, and found that this too does not now work! I believe that I have had this probem on earlier downloaded upgrades. It is such a time waster!

My system is Windows 7 64bit.

I explained all this to tech. support who replied with, "You must have the previous version installed". Not much help, but I'll keep trying.
keefy [Avatar]
Member Location: Isle of Wight Joined: Aug 19, 2008 09:20 Messages: 100 Offline
[Post New]
Problem solved, but not without stress!

1. As V.10 was obviously corrupted by my attempt to install V.11, I had to uninstall this version totally.

2. Having cleaned my system, I then inatalled my V.8 which was the last "Retail" disc version I had.

3. Then I had to update to V.10 using a copy of my purchased upgrade from last year. (good job I kept it!)

4. Then I installed the new (same) V.11 upgrade that I downloaded/purchased last week.

This time it worked.

I hope this might help anyone that has a similar difficulty.

K
DYONISII [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 09, 2011 09:58 Messages: 67 Offline
[Post New]
hello keefy,

yeah it works that way if you have the upgrade version. you have to go through all the process. it's a long process which cyberlink could address and that is, make it simpler for us upgraders to install via a lesser tedious process.