Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
picture quality degraded
A.Gil [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 28, 2011 04:46 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All,

When I add picture to the timeline the quality of the picture as is seen on the preview window and also when producing is degraded.
(my preview resolution is set on high)
The pictures are in high quality (2048*1536), is there a way to male them look their best ?

Many Thanks,

A Gil
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
An example would be nice.

2048*1536 image size is good, should not be degraded, what is the format you are producing to?
you can expect the preview to look bad. Preview is just a low res view.

Try H.264 AVCHD 1920. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Please provide a diagnostic of your system.

If you only have "High" as the selection in preview then that's an indication to us your system doesn't have a powerful graphics card. HD settings are higher than "High" and the earlier option is available with many 1gb cards for example. http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page Part B please.
To attach a file select Post Reply or click this link: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/reply/0/18750.page

Please provide a screenshot/and example please as requested by Carl.

A.Gil [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok,
I have attached the DxDiag files (zipped)
Also I am attaching the specific photo I tried to use, a screen shot of the preview resolution popup,
and another 2 files of another photo with the same resolution, that you could see more easily the differences between them.

Hope this is enough, let me know.

A Gil
 Filename
photos.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
638 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
268 time(s)
 Filename
AGIL DxDiag.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
13 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
254 time(s)
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Read your DxDiag file and you don't have enough onboard memory. You have only 4GB on a Windows 7 64bit system and Video editing is memory intense I would suggest minimum 8GB for video editing.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
I have to agree with James1, your memory is too little and your video card is too old, NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT is OLD!

You do not have anywhere near the hard drive space needed on C:.
Free Space: 14.2 GB You should have at least 60 GB free, 100 GB recommended your whole C: drive is not that big.

If your C: drive is one of those solid state drives, dis-able or remove it.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: When I add picture to the timeline the quality of the picture as is seen on the preview window and also when producing is degraded.

The difference in quality between how the image appears when viewed from the media library & the timeline is clear (even from the low res attachment).

Could you please attach the original image - the 2048*1536 JPEG file?

Cheers - Tony
A.Gil [Avatar]
[Post New]
Attached is the original file I tried to use.
My C drive is indeed small, all of my programs are on drive D (600GB free).

Althought my video card isn't to strong, since I don't intend to produce HD this time, it should be enough (?).

The video quality that I produced was ok, only the photos are low quality.
[Thumb - 2011 399.JPG]
 Filename
2011 399.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1295 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
155 time(s)
A.Gil [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:

Try H.264 AVCHD 1920.

You nailed it Carl.

I just produced with H.264 like you suggested, and walla !
The pictures are at their best defenition!

Thanks a lot

A Gil
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi A.Gil -

I'm glad you got a satisfactory result using Carl's suggestion.

In my PD, there is little difference between the original & how it's displayed in PD's timeline... see attached comparison.

Without wishing to be rude, the photo is lacking in focus & clarity. Still - interesting that it displays differently for you, but not for me.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Image_Compare.jpg]
 Filename
Image_Compare.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1287 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
119 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
A.Gil [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Tony,

well, in my timeline the preview still shows it as lacking focus, but when I produce it as Carl said, it is perfect quality.

I tested it with many other photos, and they all looked as good as the real quality of the photo.

In your comparison, I realy couldn't see any difference, but may be im missing it.

I think you can see the difference better with better quality pictures, there in their preview you can see the slight focus inbalance, but when you produce they look well.

Hope this helps some how,

A Gil