Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 9 64 bit ad hoc crashes
Hugo Geyskens
Newbie Location: Antwerp, Belgium Joined: Aug 21, 2011 11:25 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

Linking my story to the other crashing story , was no option :
So here is my story.
Over the past 2 weeks I finished my first big project in PD. A 1h45 DVD , started from DV footage.
Unlike the other tread, I don't see a 'line' in the crashing behavior. They seem to happen 'ad hoc'.
I added the usual info including a pdf with screenshots from the Windows error logbooks.
If you need translation from dutch to english, just let me know.

thanks

Hugo

PS. The crashes didn't 'irritated' me, since they always seem to happen at the end of a longer activity (like rendering..) so I never lost any editing work.
[Thumb - PD Workspace.jpg]
 Filename
PD Workspace.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
A view on my PD workspace
 Filesize
670 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
132 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiagSTD and 64 and PD Info 2011 08 24.txt
[Disk]
 Description
dxdiag dxdiag64 and PD info
 Filesize
76 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
248 time(s)
 Filename
PD9 Crash info.PDF
[Disk]
 Description
The Windows Error logbook info
 Filesize
1011 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
365 time(s)
[Post New]
Hugo;
I suggest that you have too little space available on the C: partition and too little RAM for the amount of rendering involved in this project. With so many video and audio clips (with adjustments galore), it is important that temp space and RAM are available.

The "random" nature may well be due to the amount of other processes that have used Virtual Memory before PD9. Try rebooting your machine and reloading only PD9 FIRST and ONLY. Then try the production.

Are any of the files you are using on the USB drives (I:, J:, K:, L: )?? Is this "Crash" only happen when you render to FOLDER or only when you burn disks, or both?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 23. 2011 19:18

[Post New]
What is the WATTAGE of your computer POWER SUPPLY (PSU)? 300W, 650W, etc.
Hugo Geyskens
Newbie Location: Antwerp, Belgium Joined: Aug 21, 2011 11:25 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Fred,
thanks for the fast feedback.

All files involved in the project are stored in a dedicated folder on the D: drive....partition of the internal HD.

If not both, which one (RAM or HD) is the most efficient improvement hint ?

Thanks

Hugo
Hugo Geyskens
[Post New]
Hello again Fred,
hard to tell about the power of the supply, w/o opening the case. But I think it is a 450W supply.
bye now
Hugo
[Post New]
More RAM will prevent Windows from swapping virtual memory files to harddrive space so I guess if I HAD to choose one, I would choose RAM.

Your motherboard has a limit of 16GIG (12GIG is preferred)...I run 9GIG and that is comfortable...but I have more C: space and an 8CPU i7.

For some reason, the Radeon HD5700 keeps popping up in posts about problems...now whether that is because of the card or because it is so widely used, I can not say...I will let the "ATI" guys comment on this for you.

Hope this helps.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 23. 2011 19:35

Hugo Geyskens
[Post New]
Hi Fred,

Yes, your info was very helpfull

Thanks a lot !!

goodnight (it's 1.38am over here )