Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 9 64 bit continually crashes
TONY AVS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 07, 2009 10:40 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
PD9 crashes almost every time I drag a clip to the timeline or use the "split" function. The program has worked fine until several days ago and I am clueless as to what has changed. Attached is a screen shot of the crash and also a Belarc computer config info sheet. Thanks.
[Thumb - PD 9 64bit Crash Screen.jpg]
 Filename
PD 9 64bit Crash Screen.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
280 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
119 time(s)
 Filename
Tony AVS DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
46 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
298 time(s)
 Filename
64 Tony AVS DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
41 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
301 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Aug 23. 2011 20:34

Hugo Geyskens
Newbie Location: Antwerp, Belgium Joined: Aug 21, 2011 11:25 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tony,

Over here the same... but happily I didn't lost any work so far. :

I did a 2 hours DVD compilation the past 10 days... encountered about 6-8 crashes to Windows..
Is that about the crash frequency you experience too ?

Hugo
[Post New]
FLAPPERKE;
Have we asked to see your DXDIAG file and PD9 version already? If not, please attach YOUR DXDIAG and PD9 version..Thanks

Now let me get to Tony's question.

Tony, please follow the instructions on the link below and tell us your PD9 Version (PARTA) and attach your DXDIAG file (PARTB) so we can begin to troubleshoot your issue:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 23. 2011 18:23

James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not familiar with the format of your computer info. Is the Intel chipset the only graphics card you have, or do you have a add on graphics card?

From the screen shot it looks like you are using AVCHD video. If the Intel is it, that would be the first place I would look to solve the problem. Attach a dxdiag and we may have a little more luck analyzing the issue. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Hugo Geyskens
Newbie Location: Antwerp, Belgium Joined: Aug 21, 2011 11:25 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Hi fred,

I'm in the middle or recreating the dxdiag (std and 64). There are also these windows logbooks.. but the error messages are in dutch... :
Is it worth the while to translate these.. ?
Hugo
[Post New]
Flapperke;
Create your OWN thread/NEW POST for your SPECIFIC issue or issues and start by attaching the DXDIAG file and PD9 build # using partA and B below:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 23. 2011 18:35

James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi fred,

I'm in the middle or recreating the dxdiag (std and 64). There are also these windows logbooks.. but the error messages are in dutch... :
Is it worth the while to translate these.. ?
Hugo

Like Fred pointed out, this would be best in a new thread. If the dxdiag is in Dutch, you might try an online translator like Bablefish. At the very least we need the system information and display device. All of it would be even more helpful. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
[Post New]
Tony;
The last DXDIAG file I see for you indicated that you had old video card drivers did you update those? Are you running the PD9-2930 build?
TONY AVS [Avatar]
[Post New]
I use the ultra 64 2930 version. I experience crashes almost every time I try to split or drag onto the time line during regular editing. My crashes are extremely numerous.
TONY AVS [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have submitted the 2 current DXDIAG files.
TONY AVS [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am using avchd and mp4 files.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
I see you are running Windows 7 Home 64 bit. And Powerdirector 9 Ultra 64.

I have experienced that indication by Windows 7 that Powerdirector is not responding, but it you wait a few seconds or maybe a minute, Powerdirector will finish the process it was running at the time.

I have watched the processes, and what seems to happen, PDR9.exe hands the process to another EXE process for special processing, Windows thinks that PDR9.exe has stopped responding and throws that message.

A few times it does crash, usually kill Powerdirector and restart Powerdirector works with little or no lost. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Tony;
I don't see anything in your DXDIAG that would indicate an issue except for "ffmpeg" CODECS. You might try adding those.

I don't see QUICKTIME filters listed..Is it installed?

I had a similar issue with my PD9 while running a GTX260 as you. I replaced the card with a GTX465 and that eliminated the pauses.

program has worked fine until several days ago

There are some GTX260 users on the Nvidia forum reporting issues with the latest (280.26) drivers causing pauses. Did you install them recently?

Maybe you should restore/rollback to the old drivers and try 275.33, which seem to be more stable with the 2xx cards.

Hopefully others have more advice for you...these are all the suggestions I can offer.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 23. 2011 21:37

TONY AVS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you. I will give it a whirl.
TONY AVS [Avatar]
[Post New]
what is ffmpeg codecs? Is it supposed to be used with PD9 64 ultra? And where do I get Quicktime filters? Do I need those too?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
ffmpeg codec

Google report