Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD9 rendering very slowly
Scott61 [Avatar]
Member Location: Wichita, KS Joined: Aug 20, 2011 04:43 Messages: 126 Offline
[Post New]
I sent a request for help about an hour ago and haven't seen it post??

I am a new user and have been having troubel with very slow rendering. When I first got PD9 about a year ago, it would only take about a 5 hours to render an hours worth of video. I have been using the same Canon Vixia HG20 camcorder the entire time. Then six or seven months ago I had a crash, and after getting everything reset PD9 has become nearly impossible to work with. It now takes a good 12-13 hours if the rendering doesn't stop. I have it stopping anywhere form 5% to 95% rendered and it just doesn't go any further.

I have placed my source video on the C: and still have trouble. The files are AVCHD, but yesterday I used a m2ts converter and converted to just a basic DVD format for media player.

I am six hours into a rendering and really don't want to stop unless someone gives me some advice that will help. The current video is 70 minutes long, was 4.9GB in size until smart fit brought it to 4.0GB. I have spent many hours with tech support and have reinstalled PD9 at least 3 times.

Attached is my dxdiag files. I hope someone can spot where my problem lies.

Thanks for any help,
Scott
 Filename
scott 64DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
64 bit dxdiag
 Filesize
33 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
391 time(s)
 Filename
scottDxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
scotts dxdiag
 Filesize
30 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
332 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 21. 2011 11:08

Scott Wright
Wichita, KS
[Post New]
Scott;

We are PD USERS..not Cyberlink Employees!!! We volunteer so we are by nature SLOW!!

Thanks for the DXDIAG. I can't tell you how much that HELPS!!!

I render Canon Vixia MTS files in PD9 all the time (M2TS files are processed files...are they not?) and find them fully supported. I do not think the files are the issue. Do NOT convert then before using them in PD9. This conversion might be contributing to the time necessary for PD9 to produce.

Do you have "shadow files" turned on? If so, turn it OFF in preferences.

Your CPU is marginal, but others have run PD9 in a similar environment with some amount of success.

I recommend the following:

1. Click on "POWERDIRECTOR" on the upper right, inside the program, and make sure you are running build 9.0.0.2930 (are you ULTRA64?)

2. Update your video drivers. They are 2 years old!! I use Nvidia...so I would look back here for comments from the Senior Contributors who use ATI/AMD.

3. Turn off whatever options exist in the "preferences" section for hardware acceleration. Again this is specific to AVIVO and I would hope the ATI focused editors will comment on this. I know if seems counter-intuitive, but seems to shorten the processing time.

4. After a crash, it may benefit you to do a removal and re-install of PD9. The process is defined (along with tools to help) in other forum posts.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Aug 21. 2011 11:24

Hugo Geyskens
Newbie Location: Antwerp, Belgium Joined: Aug 21, 2011 11:25 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Fred,

another newbie here :
I'm in the middle of rendering my first DVD.
It's about 1h45min in lengt.
Produce states : 1:01:35 elapsed, 00:42:32 remaining.
For a 1h45 min project, is this timing of about 1h40min to produce a 'good' speed ,
Or can PD do better by playing with some settings ?
Thanks
Hugo
Scott61 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you so much FredB for the quick response. When I said I had tried to post an hour ago, my original post didn't leave my computer due to some personal protection software I didn't turn off.

I will do what you have recommended and get back with results.

I am updating the video driver, and other drivers, right now. I am not sure if I have ultra64 or not. have to look.

Again, thanks and I am glad I am now part of this forum.

Scott61 Scott Wright
Wichita, KS
[Post New]
FLAPPERKE;
It is best that you start a separate (NEW) post, so we can address your specifics.

Please provide the following, to start (on this NEW post) for us to help.

1. Build of PD9 (see PART A below)
2. DXDIAG files(s) (see PART B below):
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
3. Information about the length and type of videos (a screencapture of the project timeline would help)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 21. 2011 11:44

Scott61 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks FredB!!

I just started rendering 30 minutes ago and already 20% done. This is flying along compared to before.
I did have an earlier build for PD9, plus updated drivers, etc.

I am back in business!

Scott61 Scott Wright
Wichita, KS