Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't select audio when recording from Hauppauge video card
MJD [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 20, 2011 15:19 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Running PowerDirector 9.0.0.2930 (trial) with Win7 64 bit and Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1800 video input board. Hauppauge board is running driver 1.47.28239.0, dated 8/27/2010.

I'm trying to capture analog video from a camcorder, and I have the analog output from the camcorder plugged into the Hauppauge board. The Hauppauge board does not have a dedicated audio input jack, so audio from the camcorder is routed to the Line-In jack on my PC.

When I go to the capture screen in PowerDirector, I select "capture from a TV signal" at the top of the screen, and then select "composite input" from the settings menu. Video is captured OK, but no sound is recorded.

The "Video Setup" tab in settings has options for "Audio Device" and "Audio input", but both of them are grayed out (I can't select anything here). In addition, the "Profile" option is also grayed out - my only option for capture is the default DVD HQ.

If I change to capturing from the TV tuner that is part of the Hauppauge board, video and audio are both captured. If I change to capturing from a connected webcam, the settings menu now allows me to select the Audio Device (which I can point to either line-in or the microphone in the webcam) and capture both video and audio. Also, when the Webcam is selected as input, I can also change the capture profile.

Any ideas on why I can't select line-in for audio input when capturing video from the Hauppauge board?

Thanks -
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
The Hvr1800 is similar to the hvr1850 (1800 is older).

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hvr1850.html

It does have an audio input. Look at the rear of the card, near the bottom to the card are the Composite Video input and below that jack is the 3.5 mm stereo audio input jack.

That card has composite video or S-Video input for your Video and a 3.5 mm stereo jack for the audio of that source.

See attached image showing the Video and Audio inputs on this card.

If you use the audio jack on the card, there is a setting in the capture module for the audio from this card.
[Thumb - hvr1800_edit.jpg]
 Filename
hvr1800_edit.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Video and Audio input jacks hvr1800/1850
 Filesize
29 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
186 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 20. 2011 20:15

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

MJD [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 20, 2011 15:19 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Boy, do I feed stupid...

Thanks - I plugged the audio output from the camcorder into the audio input on the card, and was able to record video with audio. (Did I mention that I feel stupid?)

But - I still can't change the capture settings (still defaults to DVD HQ), and still can't select a different audio input (seems to be hard wired to the input from the card)...

Thanks again for your quick help.
TexasCityDave#1
Newbie Location: Southeast TX Joined: Aug 08, 2011 22:58 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
Carl never ceases to amaze me. Thanks Carl. WINDOWS 7 PRO 64 BIT [SP1]
ASUS P8P67LE MB
Intel Ci7 2600K 3.40 Ghz
2X 8GB 1600Mhz Dual BL
2X EVGA GTX460 1GB SC
120GB Corsair Force 3 SSD
2X 1TB WD10000 SRTL Caviar Black
PD 9 Ultra 64