Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Preview Screen turn Green After Trim actions - Vista and Powerdirector 6
Starcruze [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 25, 2007 01:18 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I just got the software and was doing editing with trim functions. Everything is OK before starting on the trim function. meaning I could see and playback on the preview window.

After clicking on the trim green arrow, the preview screen will turn all green. Click on the color options but nothing I do here brought back the video.

Can someone help me out here ? I got the latest patch (1731b). Also I noted that it happened only to these set of avi files.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sep 25. 2007 04:20

HP Notebook NX6330 - 2 GB RAM - Windows Vista Business
PD6 (1731b)
tatu54 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 15, 2007 09:01 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
OK, I am going to take a shot here.

Not much of one, but it may be enough to get some of the pro's here involved.

Lets get some more information. You did say Vista. Is this a new machine with Vista installed or is it an upgrade? I don't know if this matters, but if it is an upgrade, did you have all Service Packs from Windows update installed? I know that there have been a few issues that have been solved simply by getting the Service packs for WinXP installed.

If this is a new machine, have you gotten the absolute latest drivers installed for your system? Especially the graphic card drivers.

A lot of people here who can offer solid, quality help always ask what your system specs are. I found that if I edited my profile here and in the "About" area put all my ststem spec in that then the will always be there. I tried to do that via the "Signature" area but that will only allow for 1000 characters. Not anywhere near enough room for for all the specifications some of these people are going to ask for. So the About area works out fine for that. Just click on my Profile and you will see what I am talking about.

Other than that, I cannot help you with the "green" screen thing. I have a problem with another product I have that is similar. It is a piece of editing software that has a bridge that I can connect up my gaming consoles, my XM radio, my DV Camera or whatever to import media from those to my computer.

The only problem is that the bridge that was sold would NOT work with the software that was made by the same company. But I can use the bridge to do all the above with PD6. It works with PD6 but will not work with the software that the same company sold to me in one package.

By not working, I mean that I get a "green" screen when trying to import using that company's software. Go figure. And yeah, I have been up and down the road with them over this. I think that they think I am lying. Whatever... I have not returned it because the bridge does work with PD 6.

Give these people on the forums a try. They may be a bit slow because they do have lives outside of the computer, but they do offer help. And, no, they are not employed by CyberLink which I foiund out early on. I never said I was smart, just pretty to look at...

See "Bio" for computer stats.
Starcruze [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank tatu54 for your reply

Mine is a brand new machine and I took up your hint to put important data on my signature

My work around is to import the movie into Window movie maker as-is and then do a Make Movie in DVI-PAL setting

Took the saved file into PD6 and everything is OK although I have no idea why this work

Suggestion was from a friend of mine

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 25. 2007 21:38

PD6 (1731b)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Starcruze,

I'd like you to uninstall PD please and then re-install.

I have a report from Barry (Forum member) that he has experienced the same preview green screen. At the time we couldn't localise the problem as it cleared up with a re-install. I think it did re-occur once more (and I'm checking on this), any info you can supply would help to find the cause.

Then try the following way to re-install PowerDirector:
a.) Start--> Programs -->Cyberlink PowerDirector --> Uninstall PowerDirector
b.) Start --> Run --> type "regedit" --> click "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" --> click "Software" --> locate "Cyberlink" ----> click the "+" (if you have more than one CyberLink product) -->Delete the "PowerDirector" folder
c.) Start --> Run --> type "regedit"--> click "Hkey_Current_user" --> click
"Software" --> locate "Cyberlink" ----> click the "+" (if you have more than one CyberLink product) -->Delete "PowerDirector" folder.
d.) Delete C:\Programs Files\Cyberlink\PowerDirector
And reboot your PC.
After this, please install your PowerDirector 6.0.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 26. 2007 06:44

Starcruze [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi
Did the uninstalled and resinstalled (incl patch) - same issue

Green screen appeared in preview window evertime I did any kind of trimming on the original camera file. Funny thing is that I can hear the audio. Note if I import the original file to PD6 the preview window will display OK as long I don't do any trim function

I have to import it to WMovieMaker and save as-is and import it to PD6 to fix this problem - an irritating unproductive additional step.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 26. 2007 22:12

PD6 (1731b)
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry to say, my "green screen" problem is an actual cloth screen. When using chroma-key video in pip, the audio is out of sync. This is the only real issue for me, other than waiting for PD7! Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!