Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cashing Issue
[Post New]
Nick;
Your machine will struggle with PD9. Limiting the amount of programs that load in the background may help, but I am afraid my opinion is that this machine should not be running PD9.

1. The limited amount of dedicated memory on the GPU (only 64MB) will cause the production to pause and hang. I am NOT saying this is the 67% issue. Just pointing this problem out to you.

2. You have limited RAM (4GIG) and a lower-end CPU (P6100 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs)) which places even more emphasis on the GPU memory (which you don't have). I do not believe your laptop can add more RAM than it already has (I don't know the exact Model # of your HP G62 Notebook).

3. Your GPU drivers are over a year old (3/5/2010 - a lifetime ago for video and HD). You should try the INTEL site (not HP) to find a more current driver, if it exists.

4. It may help you to have the "ffdshow" codecs added. I am not familiar with the "TechSmith" codecs, so wait for other senior editors to find this. They will comment on your CODECS and QUICKTIME.

If you wait a while, I am sure some of the other Senior Editors will give you THEIR assessment. Thank you for the DXDIAG file...it really helps us "see".

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Aug 16. 2011 21:36

Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives
------------------------
Drive: C:
Free Space: 173.6 GB
Total Space: 287.3 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: SAMSUNG HM321HI

Not a lot of total disk space to start with...........

Keep that free disk space above 100 gig.... so keep an eye on that... Your integrated graphics card may be an issue. PD does not "kick" in the extra video RAM on a lot of those cards. We hope it is an issue they are working on for the next patch.
Make sure ALL your drivers are current as PD9 over ALL other version of PD is critical on that issue. Wouldn't hurt to increase your RAM to 6gig running 64 bit. Will also help with your shared memory on your video card.

Also that link that was showing in your other posts that was for the users guide. Go download that and read some of it.

Make sure your quicktime is updated.....

PD9 and those new shared memory video card computers are an issue so far.

Also I do not know if you have been told that none of us in here work for Cyberlink, and this is not their Customer Support.

That link you showed in the other post for the user guide page. Download that and read it. Not the best but useful.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 16. 2011 23:15

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
[Post New]
Neeko64;
To help diagnose the 67% failure, we need a screen-capture of the Powerdirector desktop:
1. Open the program with your project loaded.
2. Press <Prt Scn/Sys Req> key
3. Open image editor (or MS Paint)
4. Paste the image in and save the file
5. Attach the file to a post reply

This will help Senior Editors see the contents of your project.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Attach the image to this forum.

link removed.
[Post New]
Neeko64;
That is a good image to show the error, but we also need to see the timeline. Look at the image I attached ( http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/preList/18583/96037.page ) to see what I am talking about. We want to see what is on the project timeline.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 17. 2011 10:20

Neeko64 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 15, 2011 15:56 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
here
[Thumb - 2011-08-17_0853.png]
 Filename
2011-08-17_0853.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
477 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
155 time(s)
[Post New]
Neeko64;
That is a good image to show the error, but we also need to see the timeline. Look at the image I attached ( http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/preList/18583/96037.page ) to see what I am talking about.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 17. 2011 10:32

ClancM
Senior Member Location: New York Joined: May 26, 2011 22:19 Messages: 175 Offline
[Post New]
Neeko64,
Are you using any Smart Sound tracks as they can often cause problems in PD?

And, what is the quality setting of the video you are trying
to output. (I see from your screen shot that the video is about 300MB in size.) I have a computer that can barley use PD, and I can NOT produce HD video , only standard quality.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 17. 2011 12:10

Neeko64 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm just producing it as a file onto my computer. No smartsound, however I did use an mp3 file
ClancM
Senior Member Location: New York Joined: May 26, 2011 22:19 Messages: 175 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I'm just producing it as a file onto my computer. No smartsound, however I did use an mp3 file

When producing a file, you have several file types to chose from, which one did you select?

PD does have some problems with mp3's you could try converting it to a wav. or another format.
Neeko64 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, I'll try that and keep y'all posted.