Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Youcam does not support this resolution with your current settings
Galaktia [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 09, 2011 09:00 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hey everyone,

I am working to get a webcam installed and working as a writing enhancer and activity enhancer for an elderly man with failing eyesight.

I was looking for software with a zoom, and blackandwhite function +contrast and colour control systems avaliable, and a full screen mode.

Having had some experience with Youcam 3, I thought youcam might be excellent for this.

I downloaded the trail version of youcam 5 to see if it would work as he needs before purchasing it, but I get this message when I try to open it, ""Youcam does not support this resolution with your current settings""

Now I have put out a support ticket, but if anyone else has gotten this message and overcome it, I'd be extatic for some help.

He is using a Microsoft Lifecam Cinema HD, He is running windows 7, and the screen is a widescreen with a very high resolution, (can't recall it off by heart as I am back at home now)

if anyone has had this issue corrected previously, any info would be great.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
please let me know your display resolution

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Oneweek22 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 12, 2012 21:57 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have this same problem. My resolution is 1366 x 768 Please help if you can cuz I really wanna check this out before my trial is up thanks!!

Also Im running windows 7 home premium 64 bit if that helps.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 12. 2012 22:02

peleus [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 10, 2012 11:53 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
Ho Oneweek22 , any luck on this? What version are you currently using if I may ask.
Oneweek22 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 12, 2012 21:57 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
No luck yet, was too complicated so I kinda gave up but I tried to install youcam5 and it installed just fine but when I tried to start it up it wouldnt work so idk I might try older versions to see if they work or not.
Nancy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 19, 2015 03:14 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
What is the desired resolution to make YouCam 7 happy after Windows 10 trashed my means of making a living with Oranum online tarot readings?