Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Are we able to cut out someone, take them out of footage?
Zadira Kindleriver [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Idaho Joined: Dec 26, 2010 11:42 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all,
I am trying to figure out if it is possible to cut out a figure from my avi file and have them shown with a different background but still having movement.

I use Power Director version 9.0.0.2930.

I have seen some gaming videos where people have done this but can't figure out how to do with with PD.
Thank you for your help,
Zadira Windows 7 Home Premium
AMD Phenom (tm) 9750 Quad-Core 2.40 GHz
8 GB RAM
64-bit Operating System
[Post New]
Here is an example of what I would like to do. This person was able to cut the guy and girl out of one file and match it to a different background. I have no idea how they did that? Are we able to do this with PD?

Windows 7 Home Premium
8 GB RAM
64-bit Operating System
ClancM
Senior Member Location: New York Joined: May 26, 2011 22:19 Messages: 175 Offline
[Post New]
The best way to do this is with a green screen chroma key set up. But it can also be achieved by using a mask.
http://www.youtube.com/user/PDtoots#p/u/22/9LWc_x1fVQ8
[Post New]
Oh wow! Thanks for the link to your PDtoots tutorials! Those are amazing!

For this project I am using a green screen for my cut out. I have an avi video clip of a fellow in an astronaut suit standing in front of green blocks. I am just not sure how to cut him out. Is there a way I can share my avi file here so you can see what I want to cut out? I am thinking the masking tutorial is much more complicated than what I will need to do.
Do I just create a mask for the green part of my screen? Thanks again for your help. Windows 7 Home Premium
8 GB RAM
64-bit Operating System
ClancM
Senior Member Location: New York Joined: May 26, 2011 22:19 Messages: 175 Offline
[Post New]
PDToots has tutorials on attaching a file to the forum.
But all you need is to use the chroma key tool. Click on the clip in the timeline. Then in the middle bar with the options click the modify button. In the modify window, click on the first eye dropper icon on the left side bar. You then click the color you want to take out. Put this video in track 2 and the video you want in the background in track 1.
Here is a link to a video tutorial on this http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/tutorial/#0_3_2
[Post New]
Oh boy! I can't wait to try this out tomorrow! Thank you so much! You're a peach!! Windows 7 Home Premium
8 GB RAM
64-bit Operating System