Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
16:9 Video dimensions on video capture to mpeg file format. ??
Bill Yonescu [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Palm City, Florida Joined: Nov 09, 2008 16:56 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
A while back with PD6 I captured many videos from a DV tape camera and selected the MPG as the capture format. They seemed to be close to the original quality and much smaller than the .avi files I also could have captured in.

When I look at the file properties of these mpg files it states they are 720x480. When I play them back, raw just as captured, they are more like 860 wide than 720 wide. The height is 480 as stated. These files are 16:9 so the 860 I measure is correct.. Why do the properties incorrectly show 720?? Is there a good file property app that I can use??

Thank you... Bill

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Is there a good file property app that I can use??

MediaInfo is fairly good. It supplies technical and tag information about your video or audio files. One thing I don't like, it only displays what was written in the header of the file. Some apps tend to write some bitrate data in the header that is not real relevant. Some utilities will actually scan the file and calculate various bitrate info, peak, avg, min....

Jeff
Bill Yonescu [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Palm City, Florida Joined: Nov 09, 2008 16:56 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Jeff