Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Volume Control resolution
CraigNZ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 23, 2011 19:29 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
If I use +/- keys to adjust the volume then it jumps +/- 10% sometimes and +/- 2% at other times. The 2% value is okay but the 10% is too coarse. Is there a special keyboard shortcut to set the volume increment more precisely or is their a system setting for doing this?
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
this is a known issue and we are investigating it

BR
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Panos@aias.net [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 03, 2012 15:29 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Since noone have answered this , it must be under investigation as yet . The same applies to PowerDVD 12 (Ultra) . The curius thing is while you have PDVD maximized , it goes with a 10% step . But if you open , let's say , notepad or explorer ( if the 2nd application is on foreground ) , it uses a 2% scale . I imagine there is not good communication with mouse and/or keyboard drivers ( I use the Creative Prodikeys keyboard ) . Verry annoying thing , I just hope it'll get fixed soon .
andyb [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 07, 2008 16:29 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
This problem has annoyed me since updating from PDVD9 to PDVD11,10% increments if PDVD11 is the active window I have two screens so i have to drag the mouse to the inactive screen to get the 2% increments.
I cant believe this issue has not been resolved in PDVD12 as it is a real pain and considering the cost of this software I can not believe this can't be easy fixed.
Come to think of it there is no reason why PDVD's volume control should hijack windows volume ,volume in application should have 'Set and forget' and unaffected by remote/keyboard volume controls.....
Come on Cyberlink please get this fixed and give us the software that we need and want...... Even though they drive you mad I couldn't live without one!Wife,Kids and PC.....
alvincht [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 20, 2012 11:52 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Craig. Try installing PDVD 12 trial version. I think this works fine. Might be a patch update here.