Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Lost in Menu creation area, how to save menu work from where I am
JohnVIII [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 20, 2011 19:44 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
I've been reading posts, reading the manual, watching videos, and I'm having trouble applying what I learn to where I am in the process. The buttons aren't there, etc. Started this a long time ago, don't remember how I got as far as I did, just about ready to give it up and try to burn what I have, but I do need to make a couple of changes and can't where I am. This is where I am (attempting screenshot, humm - cut and paste from snipped screenshot won't work, paste is greyed out; "send to email recipient," no luck there; cut and paste from saved file won't work, paste greyed again: cut and paste from image file of it won't work; ):

Well, I clearly don't know how the attachment feature works. Trying to get the screenshot into this message I hit "enter" and evidently that did it but it SENT the unfinished message, too. I think. Can't tell when something is attached till send, then? We'll see in Preview, perhaps. [No such luck - I clicked attachments (again), found the file, there it is in a window on the right, not in my message anywhere, and now not in the preview of the message. Can't think what else to do. If there's no screenshot here after I "submit," perhaps someone can help me on that!]

From here (see screenshot - I hope) I can deal with the Play and Chapter elements and one unused button at the upper left, which I presume are the elements that were in the template originally. I can move them, resize them, rewrite them, etc. But the other items, those that I have to have added myself - but don't recall how - I cannot touch. I need to change the color of the text and center (align, move) the title. So I'm not sure if I am in "Modify" or not.

Anyway, I'm thinking I need to save what I have here in the way of a menu so I can then re-select that saved template to make the "modify" button pop up, and select that. Then perhaps I can change fonts and align text in the currently untouchable elements.

I have seen a video that seems to say - does say - the save button at the top will do that, but that button says it is a "save project" button, and I know (without understanding) that saving the project is different from saving the menu, and I'm not sure saving the project saves the menu. That's an area of confusion for me.

How do I save the menu template from here? I've done a Preview of the existing setup (ten chapters, named, with video thumbnails, on four Chapter pages after the menu template) and everything works, so I don't want to risk losing what I have. But I need to change type/color and move one of those currently untouchable boxes on the title page.

Can some kind soul tell me where I am in this screenshot (hoping) and how I make the needed changes from here, without losing work?
[Thumb - PD menu 1.PNG]
 Filename
PD menu 1.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
where I am
 Filesize
489 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
121 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 21. 2011 15:47

ClancM
Senior Member Location: New York Joined: May 26, 2011 22:19 Messages: 175 Offline
[Post New]
I think this is what your wondering.
Click on the template you want on the left (looking at your screen shot) then click the modify option. From there you can edit text, buttons, etc. When you're done click SAVE or OK and it will create a new modified template that you can use. From there click it again and click Apply or Apply to all pages if that's what you want.

Good Luck!
JohnVIII [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 20, 2011 19:44 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks - but I'm looking to modify the menu I have open now, and I've made some changes to it and to the pages behind it that I don't want to lose. I want to save this menu, and I only see "save project," which doesn't sound like what I want. For some reason, where I am, I'm able to work with some elements of the menu but not others. That's why I'm curious just where I am - am I in Modify or not? Going out and back in seems worth a try but how to get out without loss?