Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to specify dimensions
Rburn99 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 20, 2011 19:39 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I cannot find anywhere to set width and height of output video. This makes no sense at all. You MUST be able to specify the quality of the output AND the size of the output. But all I can find is preset 'quality' choices with hardcoded sizes for each. So I cannot choose the one I want because it has a postage stamp output size of 320 x 240 (almost all of them do). I am forced to choose output for zune?? (whatever that means in terms of quality) because it is hardcoded to 640 x 480 which is still not the size I want but it is closer than the tiny 320 x 240 that most choices force me to take. Is the width/height controlled somewhere else? And if so, why wouldn't it be on the same output screen?

Thanks,
Robb
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Robb,

I take it that you are selecting WMV format, if you use the search function (top of screen) and search for custom profiles, you should find posts of how to create custom profiles.
If you cannot find the information you require, contact the moderator, Dafydd, he will be able to assist you in creating custom profiles.

This link may also help.

http://www.youtube.com/user/PDtoots#p/u/14/vw2RlzIt9EM

Robert

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 20. 2011 22:18

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Rburn99 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Great! Thank you for your help Robert.
Kevin R.
Contributor Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas Joined: Aug 17, 2010 15:58 Messages: 320 Offline
[Post New]
Rburn,
If WMV's are what you want, these are your basic options, and the sizes it will give you.

Full HD = 1920x1080 @ 10MBps
HD Quality = 1280x720 @ 8MBps
High Quality = 640x360 @ 4MBps
Standard Quality = 320x180 @ 2MBps

Cheers!
Kevin R. Saving the world, one goofy video and meme at a time.
Rburn99 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Kevin,

I'm set now but I would like to address your reply because that is what doesn't make sense to me in such a robust program. If you want HD quality why should 1280x720 be my only choice. Quality is not tied to size. There are very good quality yet small size clips just as there are horrible quality clips of the same size. The same applies to any size of course. To have to sacrifice quality because it only comes in a size you can't use is limiting (in my opinion)

Thank you for replying and thank you for listing the available options. I appreciate the effort!
Robb
Kevin R.
Contributor Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas Joined: Aug 17, 2010 15:58 Messages: 320 Offline
[Post New]
Rburn,

I think you may have missed the point sorta. That is for WMV's . There are better formats than WMV available, but if you are set on using the WMV format, those are the options that come standard with PD8. I personally don't make many WMV's.

Cheers!
Bill Yonescu [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Palm City, Florida Joined: Nov 09, 2008 16:56 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Kevin R.,

Would you please recommend the "better format" you like.

Thank you,

Bill

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 31. 2011 10:44

Kevin R.
[Post New]
Bill,
I prefer mpeg-2 and mpeg-4 myself, especially when the video will be getting burned to a dvd. You can use HD formats as well.

Cheers!
Bill Yonescu [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Palm City, Florida Joined: Nov 09, 2008 16:56 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Kevin,

Thank you for your quick reply... I am not well informed with all the available formats... Where does MP4 (my new camera gives me 1280x720 @ 60 fps) fall? Is MP4 short for mpeg-4?

Bill

Note - I found out that MP4 is a mpeg-4 part 14 video... While PD8 does support mpeg-4 they are only small in frame size... Am I missing something?

Bill

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 31. 2011 10:46

Kevin R.
[Post New]
Bill,
I have no clue about your camera, but the formats I mentioned are rendered videos not raw footage. But if you can record at those specs you should be able to do almost anything you want with them. Is it a HD camera?
As to your 2nd question, that would be YES. MP-? is short for mpeg-? in most cases.

Hope this helps!