Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
i'm now region locked by powerdvd 11 and blu-ray discs.
DannySix [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 17, 2011 00:59 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
how do i reset the bd region set by powerdvd 11?
do not tell me it's illegal. it's NOT!!
i am in region 2 but import discs from region 1 from amazon.
so sometimes i watch region 2 discs, then region 1 discs.... and back and forth.
now i notice i ran out of the 5 changes powerdvd gives.

how do i reset the region lock?

worst case i'll uninstall/reinstall and use some registry cleaner to remove all traces of powerdvd.
then a fresh install will start with five new changes.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

welcome to our forum - I moved your posting to the correct forum.

Please check this sticky posting:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16915.page

There is a known issue reported from some users that they can not change BD Region anymore after upgrading.
we are investigating this - but need more info please help to provide:
- you upgrade history
- which AV solution you have installed

thanks and Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
DannySix [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 17, 2011 00:59 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
ok, but am i misunderstanding something?
you deliberately gave us only 5 changes with the last one being permanent. it's that way by design. and i'm saying that that is total b/s and perhaps even illegal. how can you stop me from watching legal movies i own. why have the restriction in the first place? to appease "hollywood"? and the mpaa? your software is doing this. what i use, i think, is irrelevant. (a geforce gtx-480, win7 ultimate, creative labs sound blaster fatality)

just tell me where you store the setting that tells powerdvd how many changes i have left so i can delete it and start fresh.

thanks...
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi DannySix,

maybe I need to explain in more detail:

1. there are only 5 changes allowed for Region code change
2. there are only 5 changes allowed for DVD Region change

When you have performed the 5th change the player is not allowed to offer more changes to you - this is BD spec and there is nothing we can do about it.

BR
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
DYONISII [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 09, 2011 09:58 Messages: 67 Offline
[Post New]
hello danny,

the region settings are stored in the BD drive or DVD drive.

even if, assuming that cyberlink, can allow those changes, the BD/DVD drive won't allow you to make further changes so cyberlink and/or powerdvd can not do anything more.

regards!
Wolfgang73 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 28, 2011 10:41 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
At DannySix:
You have to install some illegal software drivers like anydvd to override the region restrictions.