Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Installing upgrade without prev version installed
MattB [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 02, 2009 13:23 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I sent this question in to support but I thought I'd try here too since the family would like to watch a BR tonight and I haven't heard anything back.

I had PDVD8 Ultra and recently had a hard drive fail. I've rebuilt the OS and applications on a new drive, but found I don't have the original PDVD8 installer anymore. I figured since I do have the the unlock key I might as well upgrade to the latest.

But the v11 upgrade will not install without a previous version already installed. I tried restoring the \Program Files\Cyberlink" folder from backup but that didn't help.

Anyone know how to get around this? I'm a registered owner of a previous version (and can prove it with my key) and it seems like that should be enough (to me anyway).

Thanks!
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Matt,

Your only option is to hope that Tech. Support can provide you with a link to re-download PDVD8. If you have provided them with sufficient proof of purchase/ownership they may provide a full version to you.

Nothing more we can do for you here, hope it works out for you

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
MattB [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 02, 2009 13:23 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Ok, thanks. I sure hope they can!