Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Photo Director won't open
jrcro96 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 28, 2011 14:39 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I need help PD11 setup ok but when I try to open it it flashes the logo then does nothing, I turned off Uac STILL WONT OPEN , checked program admin. still wont open , tried restarting also, then I tried it in Vista same problems,
It's probably something in my computer but I can't figure it out.
I have windows 7 Home Priemun sp1'
can anyonr help?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi jcro96 -

Being a new piece of software, we don't have any historical evidence about what might cause that, so I have no idea at all.

If it was me, I'd completely uninstall it using Revo Uninstaller or CCleaner (both free), to remove all registry entries. After a system restart, I'd re-install PhotoDirector 2011.

Sorry - best advice I can offer.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
jrcro96 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Tony
I tried that still no luck even downloaded it again.
Prime7 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 21, 2006 09:05 Messages: 91 Offline
[Post New]
Hi jrcro96,
Can you pls help visit and follow steps described in http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/17741.page? I'll need those info to check your issue.

Regards,
Brandon
jrcro96 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry if i'm using the forum improper.
I know for sure the problem is my computer.
Thanks
matthiasscorp
Newbie Location: GREECE Joined: Jul 01, 2011 01:19 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Sorry if i'm using the forum improper.
I know for sure the problem is my computer.
Thanks

don't bet on that!
I have the exactly same problem!
I've reported it to the customer support center -I hope we can soon have an answer.....
Prime7 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi matthiasscorp,
Few things need your clarification:
1. Cannot install or cannot launch after successful installation?
2. I'm assuming your issue did not happen with the Beta build. The problem comes when you tried to install the free copy with the existence of Beta in your computer.

This might not help, but pls try:
1. If you cannot launch your application, open "Task Manager" and check if your intended app is already running. If yes, kill the process and relaunch your app.

Regards,
Brandon
matthiasscorp
[Post New]
Quote: Hi matthiasscorp,
Few things need your clarification:
1. Cannot install or cannot launch after successful installation?

Cannot launch after successful installation
Quote: 2. I'm assuming your issue did not happen with the Beta build. The problem comes when you tried to install the free copy with the existence of Beta in your computer.

Right...Yet, I tried to unistall and then install again, but the same thing happens
Quote:
This might not help, but pls try:
1. If you cannot launch your application, open "Task Manager" and check if your intended app is already running. If yes, kill the process and relaunch your app.

I think I did it yesterday. The app seems to be running on the task manager. But it didn' t work...I suppose it has to do with running the application for the first time only, and maybe with registry values not having been able to apply...
Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit is my OS (Intel Core™ i7 i7-740QM processor, 1.73 GHz, 8 GB RAM)
Prime7 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi matthiasscorp,
1. May I know your PhD install path?
2. Did you install PhD under an "UNICODE" account name?

Regards,
Brandon
matthiasscorp
[Post New]
Quote: Hi matthiasscorp,
1. May I know your PhD install path?
2. Did you install PhD under an "UNICODE" account name?

Regards,
Brandon

I'm not in front of my laptop right now, but at my work desktop
Yet, I both tried to directly run the exe file after unzipping it (have chosen "run" at the download link)
and after having saved it first at my computer (C:\users\MATTHIAS\downloads\) and run it from that location
what do you mean "UNICODE" account name?
I always work from an administrator's account, MATTHIAS is the account name at my laptop and it's an administrator.
Sorry for my English, I'm a Greek guy...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 01. 2011 06:28

Prime7 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi matthiasscorp,
That is ok. We have people from all over the world and not all are English native speakers.

Looks like we need to study your computer to assist. Please follow the steps below:
1. Download the attachment "CLTracker_v1620.zip"
2. Unzip and run it.
3. This tool will save all needed info on your desktop as "CyberLinkLog.zip".
4. Upload this file and we will study that.

ps:
1. This tool only records all needed info of your installed PhD and nothing else.

Regards,
Brandon
 Filename
CLTracker_v1620.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
149 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
915 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 01. 2011 08:59

brophs [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 09, 2011 20:24 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I am having the same problem i have pasted the serial number in and it won't accept the code the ok permission does'nt work I have been running in administer mode and tried running the programme in administer mode and no differance.
I think the problem we are having is down to the way the administer profile from cyberlink is set up.

Hope we get this sorted
matthiasscorp
[Post New]
Here it is...I hope
 Filename
CyberLinkLog.zip
[Disk]
 Description
the log file from my computer
 Filesize
22 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
805 time(s)
jrcro96 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I solved my problem by reloading windows. I did upgrade so I didn't lose anything and now PhotoDirector works. Kind of a pain but worth it.
brophs [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi
i am on windows 7 pro it would seem a waste to upgrade and reload and the expense there must be a fault in the programme as it has only just been issued and people are allready having problems perhaps a patch is required.

cheers

broph
matthiasscorp
[Post New]
I agree 1000% to that...I was asked from the customer support center to update my display with the latest drivers...no need to do so, every piece of hardware drivers is updated...something else is the matter. I don' t know if it has to do with the PD software or with other possible software installed on my computer, but what I know for sure is that the Beta Version was working!!!
matthiasscorp
[Post New]
It's the @#$%Panda Internet Security that does't allow the PD to open...When i deactivated it I could run the PD in seconds....Now I activated it again I can' t do a @#$ing thing!!!Damned!
brophs [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi
just tried that removed my security programme and turned off the fiewall just in case and guess what NO CHANGE it still won't allow the the code to be accepted the cancel tab illuminates but the ok justs sits there doing nothing,I think a big patch my be needed.

Cheers

broph
tonybeau [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 14, 2011 16:44 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I had the same problem, it turned out to be security software that protected by banking details, once I allowed the program in that, I could open it. I am not sure though whether I started PhotoDirector from the list of programs in Vista on the Start button.
Prime7 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi tonybeau, broph, and matthiasscorp,
Can you please help list down your security software and it's build number? I like to study them and see if this is the root cause.
Since security software may not be the cause for every app not launch issue, please use "matthiasscorp" to generate your log file and upload it (as what matthiasscorp did). I need these info to study what's causing your issue.

Thanks,
Brandon