Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Fill Light And Importing BW TIFF
rsamuel66 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 29, 2011 08:25 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Two quick questions:

1. I'm not seeing a "fill light" option in the development module.

2. I impoted a 16 bit black and white tiff scan. Then, after using the denoise function in the development module, tried to export it as a tiff file, but it would only give me a tiff file 0.99 mb large. What did I do wrong?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 29. 2011 08:37

Prime7 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 21, 2006 09:05 Messages: 91 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Samuel,
1. I guess your under-exposure area lost details. If yes, try use Adjustoment Brush to "paint" on the under exposure area. Then play with settings in Tone. If no, what are you trying to accomplish?
2. What's your original tiff file size? Maybe you can upload it and we can help check.

Regards,
Brandon
rsamuel66 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 29, 2011 08:25 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
1. I was just looking for the "fill light adjustment slider". I guess Photodirector doesn't have one. Lightroom does. And it's a useful tool. I work with Fuji .raf Raw files, which allow me to recover quite a great deal of details. I often shoot events, with unpredictable and difficult lighting situations, so I like to have that tool.

2. The original file size was 60 mb. I ran the tiff file through the noise reduction tool in Photodirector, then tried to export it as a tiff. That gave me the weird file size. The same procedure works without a hitch in Lightroom.
Prime7 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 21, 2006 09:05 Messages: 91 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Samuel,
1. You can use Shadows slider in Tone to retouce your picture globally.
2. Did you use ZIP in compression method? By the way, PhD only exports photo into 8 bits/channel file.

Regards,
Brandon