Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New user problem -- Disappearing subtitle information
Tony2323 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 21, 2011 16:14 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Number 3 in a series.

I would like have subtitles in my final movie. These are the kind that are encoded and can be switched on or off by the viewer of the DVD -- not embedded in the video stream. I tick the appropriate box in the "Subtitles" room. I've noticed the following.

1) If you don't create a disk using a Menu, subtitles work as expected.

2) If you create a disk using a template, you get the "Subtitles" menu item on the root menu, can turn it on or off, but in the final disk neither using the menu nor the DVD control has any effect. The subtitles are buried in the video stream, just like if you'd previously selected the corresponding box in the subtitle room.

3) If you include a project that hasn't had any subtitles added (multi-project in Create Disk), then the root menu looses its "Subtitles" menu option and you can't get it back. This is true even if you subsequently update the included project to use subtitles.

I presume that subtitle support has been around quite a while in PD. Getting subtitles to work as one would expect seems so fundamental to me. So there must be something I'm doing wrong. What is it??

Tony
 Filename
DxDiag64.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
32 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
201 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]