Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New user problem -- Limitation on resolution when building menus?
Tony2323 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 21, 2011 16:14 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Number 2 in a series.

So my first guess at fixing the "Crash at the 13 minute mark" bug described earlier is to lower the resolution down to 1280x720, figuring that the crash is somehow linked to resolution, technical support not having anything useful to suggest. (My intuition tells me there's some memory leak here & memory consumation rate is proportional to how complicated the calculation being attempted is. When memory is all used up, you get a crash).

I get through the "Produce" step. Hurray! Now the "Create Disk" bit fails after several minutes number crunching. The error code EC0030011 burps out with the rather vague message "Transcribing engine's front end stream error" which is further pinpoints with great certainty to either a broken or missing source file or being out of system memory (can't it tell me which?)

A bit of experimentation shows that without menus, it creates just fine and I can happily play the disk. Add a menu item, you get a crash and no disk.

I speculate that this error is due to the part of the software that generates that little picture inlay, part of the menu, not being able to deal with 1280x720 source files. Am I right? Is there a fix? Why can't I do away with that inlay anyways, and just use a text menu item?

Anyway, my workaround (as someone has already suggested) is to split my 33 minute project into three. But I'd rather have one to deal with as I discovered later (see subsequent post).
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
dxdiag 32
 Filesize
32 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
178 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag64.txt
[Disk]
 Description
dxdiag 64
 Filesize
32 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
197 time(s)
[Post New]
Suppose you are doing a DVD-video, if it is
I think better save your video files first in producer MPEG2.
Then Creat discs adds MPEG2 files, creates the episodes selects the best quality HQ, that will be applied also to the menu.
Of preference that activate the SVRT3 not to convert MPEG2 files.

I prefer to make menus in another program, but ja did some by PD also. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate