Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Reinstall Wave Editor
SteveB523 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 26, 2011 00:57 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I recently updated PowerDirector 9 Ultra 64 to build 2930.

Now, when I attempt to use the Wave Editor, I get the message Wave Editor Not installed, please reinstall.

I have a Windows 7 machine - I would post the dxdiag.txt or dxdiag32.txt and dxdiag64.txt files if I could find them.

I saw something about unpacking the install file but have no idea how.

Help?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Steve,
Two items to deal with here and perhaps offering different solutions.

1. CyberLink offer a "cleaning" tool for PD and for Wave Editor. using that tool may resolve your problem.
Sticky for newbies: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/17508.page
Link to the Cleaner tools = 001: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15688.page
1-1. Follow the guide information given at the above location.

2. Use either a Zip program (I use AlTools) or WinRAR by RARtools
2-1. Place the PD Program executable file in the program(s) mentioned and use it to extract the data to a location/folder of your choice.
2-2. In the full PD installation program you should be able to locate the WVEditor folder and within the "setup.exe" to install WE. Double clicking on the WE setup exe will install Wave editor for you.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 26. 2011 04:24

SteveB523 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 26, 2011 00:57 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you. This fixed the problem.

One suggestion, though - your response assumed that I downloaded PD, when I in fact have the disk version.

For the disk version, simply run setup.exe, which is in Drive:\PowerDirector 9\PDIR\WVeditor.

Thanks again.