Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Saved in AVCHD no cuts remained
DanH [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 23, 2011 19:52 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I have no idea how to search for this apparently and out of all the searches I did none showed anything like the issue I've got.

I just created a movie, 11 minutes. Lots of cuts chopping out bits and pieces of long takes.

Looks good in mp4, looks good when I play the entire timeline. I've played that on a few computers just to make sure and it works well.

I saved it as an avchd file and when I played that back on my Blu-Ray player all of the takes were there in their entirety. None of the cuts were there at all, just played straight through with all the outtakes and garbage.

Burned a DVD and it was correct but it froze up at about the fifth cut or so. That may very well be just a bad burn, I'm trying producing a HD mpeg-2 and going to try to burn that to a DVD and see how that turns out. I'll also try a standard def mpeg-2 as well for regular DVD players. We'll see how that one turns out as well

But the AVCHD burn bothers me, why didn't the cuts take for that?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I use "Split" to cut a clip. I then delete the unwanted section.

From what you've described, it doesn't appear you deleted the unwanted sections and only "split/cut" a clip.

If you can provide a screenshot of the edit workspace showing you're project we may be able to assist you.
Look up Part E and F: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

To attach a file, select Post Reply: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/reply/0/17776.page
DanH [Avatar]
[Post New]
Okay, I guess this isn't a common thing after all.

Yeah, screen shots and attachments I'm familiar with, especially in phpBB. Didn't know how far I'd have to go with this.

I'll have to take screenshots and whatnot this weekend. No I didn't know to delete the cuts, I thought that's what that trashcan icon was doing in the "multi-split" editing window, deleting the cut out portion so it wouldn't play.

Strange that the cut out (with the trashcan icon) parts don't play in the timeline play, on the .mpg production or the DVD "create disc" but they do in the AVCHD production, though.

I'll get circles and arrows on the 8X10 photo glossies with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back this weekend. Maybe that'll help explain it better.

Thanks!
DanH
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Okay, I guess this isn't a common thing after all.
Strange that the cut out (with the trashcan icon) parts don't play in the timeline play, on the .mpg production or the DVD "create disc" but they do in the AVCHD production, though.

Thanks!
DanH

I have been on these forums for some time now and I personally haven't seen anything like it. My first thought was what Dafydd suggested, but you say the DVD does play correctly, so I'm baffled. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
DanH [Avatar]
[Post New]
Okay, let's see how well this turned out

First, create a project and import some .mt2s files into it

Bring one of the files down to the timeline to start editing:

highlight the clip in the timeline and click on the multi-trim button to bring up this:

Make a first cut (trim point):

Delete the first section of that clip using the delete button at the bottom right of the multi-trim window:

Now the timeline within the multi-trim window looks like this and when you play the clip with "Output" selected, the deleted part does not play:

Continue on in this manner with this clip until you have what you want to see playing with the "Output" button selected then click on "OK"

After all the edits are in for all the clips and the transitions are put into the splices you go on to produce:
.avi, mpeg-1, mpeg-2 (standard def), mpeg-2 (hi def) work fine. H264/AVC does NOT (more on that later)

Burn to DVD works fine:

H264/AVC outputs an mt2s file, AVCHD. These play on my Blu-Ray player (Denon 1610) so I went ahead and produced one to see how it looked in 1080. ALL of each clip played, all of the deleted clips were in and played. None of the transitions were in there and it just played each of the raw clips in order without any of the editing. HUH? What happened there?

DanH [Avatar]
[Post New]
If there is any questions about what else I did, feel free to ask. It's confusing the heck out of me, though.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Please display screenshot of the project in the Edit workspace (tracks) after you've carried out the multi-trim.
DanH [Avatar]
[Post New]
Full edit page with timeline and fades right before I click on "Publish" or "Make Disk"

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,

Please attach full screen images of:
secondtimeline.png
and
tenthfulltimeline.png.

I'm trying to read the on screen data, the current resolution prevents me for carrying out this effort.

Post Reply link to attach files:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/reply/0/17776.page

DanH [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'll have to do that tonight when I get home. Actually I'll have to retake the screenshots, I shrunk the originals

Not a problem.

DanH
DanH [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'll just link these, they're large:

Second time line big with one clip on timeline
http://ankylosaur.com/directorpics/secondtimelinebig.png

tenth time line big with all clips trimmed, fades installed and ready to go to press
http://ankylosaur.com/directorpics/tenthfulltimelinebig.png
DanH [Avatar]
[Post New]
Or if you really want them attached:
 Filename
tenthfulltimelinebig.png
[Disk]
 Description
tenth Timeline Big
 Filesize
524 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
130 time(s)
 Filename
secondtimelinebig.png
[Disk]
 Description
Second Timeline Big
 Filesize
367 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
130 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dan,
thank you for the images.

Only one observation - please wait for the shadow edit files to generate before carrying out any editing, you can have some strange editing problems if you start editing before completion.

For the moment, there isn't a lot that can be done. Looks to be a one-off.

I suggest you re-install Pd9 etc and see it that clear up any quirks. Use the Cleaner tools.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15688.page

DanH [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Dan,
thank you for the images.

Only one observation - please wait for the shadow edit files to generate before carrying out any editing, you can have some strange editing problems if you start editing before completion.)

I do. Remember I was just recreating the early stages of the editing for the screen shots. Yeah, I see that the last one had not completed prior to the pic. On the real go through it took about an hour for me to even start editing, all the shadow files were long done

Quote:
For the moment, there isn't a lot that can be done. Looks to be a one-off.

I suggest you re-install Pd9 etc and see it that clear up any quirks. Use the Cleaner tools.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15688.page

-eh- not really any skin off my nose for now, I just thought this might already have a solution and if not someone might want to know it exists.

I do believe I'm going to pick up a Blu-Ray burner and give that a shot just to see what happens.

I appreciate the time.
DanH
Kevin R.
Contributor Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas Joined: Aug 17, 2010 15:58 Messages: 320 Offline
[Post New]
I've always seemed to have better luck with the split and delete from the main edit page with no problems. Simply go to the spot you wish to cut, highlight that, click split, and right click and remove unwanted portion(s).

Cheers!
Kevin R. Saving the world, one goofy video and meme at a time.
Simeon11
Newbie Location: Finland,East Joined: Jan 21, 2011 16:18 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Hi DanH!
You are doing big job by explaining your steps. I gave some stars for that.
I hope you will find the answers you need! Amd X6 1055T CPU
Radeon HD 5670 GPU
Windows XP
2GB RAM
DanH [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi DanH!
You are doing big job by explaining your steps. I gave some stars for that.
I hope you will find the answers you need!

Thank you very much. I do appreciate it