Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Do I get PD9 Ultra
AGagnon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 23, 2011 14:46 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
I figured this forum woudl be best place to post, your all avid users of the software.

I have an older version of PD, I believe version 3 that came with my JVC Enviro a good 5 years or so back..

I have a few questions as I am interested about Powerdirector 9 Ultra. I literally made dozens of DVDs with old version. All hoem movies and little keepsakes of my kids sports teams.. I like versatility and stability.

With my JVC, the files were saved as .MOV... PD opened them fine. Dooes it still open them? Dooes it still display them as proper widescreen 16:9 ratio?

How many audio, vidio and extras tracks are there? I had 2 audio and 1 video with my old version... this was not great.

Is the DVD Menu customizeable so we can import our own backgorunds and custom buttons ect?

Can you better place the buttons and text on DVD menus where we want?

Does the DVD menu offer a thumbnail that actually streams a preview properly? My old version woudl crash despite the fact it said it could do it.

How is the HD conversion when authoring DVD? Is it that much better than standard?

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Most of your questions can be answered by reading Cyberlinks page on Powerdirector 9:

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector/overview_en_US.html?fileName=overview&r=1

Powerdirector still supports .mov files.

Powerdirector 9 now has up to 100 tracks. Some are Video, Audio, and some are for Title (captions or Text), there are also effects tracks.

Menus are customizable within limits. You can change the background in some of the menu templates.
All menus in PD9 are Motion menus, they have a thumbnail that show a portion of the video.

HD conversion is great. You can take a 1920x1080 video on the timeline and create a Standard Definition DVD.
You can make BluRay DVDs in PD9 Ultra. Deluxe does not do BluRay Disks.

There is a free 30 day free trial of Powerdirector Ultra. You can download the trial and have 30 days to play with it. Be aware, once the 30 day trial is up, you can not re-new the trial.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 23. 2011 15:52

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
You better go have a look at the minimum requirements before you get PD9 on your machine.... 5 years old is ancient in computer age for PD9...... At the very least download the trial first then see.

In my humble opinion everyone should download and try the trial BEFORE they get overly excited about getting PD9 as we see a lot of new computers now that cannot run PD9 well, and very few older ones that can.

You need to do d Dxdiag and have a look at what your computer specs really are first. Compare them with the minimums on the PD9 requirement page. May save a LOT of aggravation on your end.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Jun 23. 2011 23:44

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi AGagnon

Welcome to the forum

Karl and Bubba have offered some great advice.

I too had PD3 from my JVC Everio camera, which worked fine albeit a bit glitchy on my 'old' Windows XP machine five or so years ago.

If you still intend to use your 'old' computer please ensure you download the trial version first and test it - as I know my 'old' computer couldn't handle PD9.

Happy editing : Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

AGagnon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 23, 2011 14:46 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the replies.. pelase note my PC is only a year old! I reinstalled the old PD wghen I changed PCs last year!!

Seems to be working fine!

I didn get it after trying for 2 days.. UI only had a question about what format to render in is best for DVDs.. I know the MPG2 settign says its good for 'medium' quality.. I want higest possible! BUT I POSTED THIS IN A NEW THREAD!!