Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Survey?
Jim-el [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 20, 2011 18:31 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Having been sent no form or survey on which to return a review, and unable to find reference to any such on the website, I posted my review of PhotoDirector on the only thread I could find that mentioned it. Now, after the deadline for such a filing, there's a whole new forum devoted to the product ... but still no clue as to how I was supposed to qualify myself for a copy of the final build.

Here's what I submitted. Does it meet the requirement?

Well, I'd be considered a newbie -- this is the first photo management software I've used, other than what Windows provides. That said, I find that PhotoDirector extends my reach considerably!

For one thing, I appreciate the selection parameters, including the star-rating, flagging, and color labels -- a nice variety of ways to catalog what I've got. And although it's not in place yet in my "lightroom," I'm happy to see a provision for using a second monitor.

Someone in an earlier review complained about the issue of "exporting" in order to finalize a project, but I find this to be more a semantic issue than an operational one. I like the fact that adjustments can be undone, collectively or selectively, before "exporting," and the original image isn't lost.

I haven't yet establshed "preferences," but I expect that I'll find plenty of application for that option once I'm more practiced with the software. I can imagine interesting effects that might be used to establish one's personal style ....

-- Jim-el

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 20/06/2011 16:21:58
Prime7 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 21, 2006 09:05 Messages: 91 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jim-el,

The pogram ended in Jun 20, so any form submitted after that date does not qualify for getting official PhotoDirector 2011 copy. Can you pls help attach your beta program invitation email? Let me see what I can do.

Regards,
Brandon
Jim-el [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, Brandon --

Oops -- my bad. When I downloaded the software, I failed to read point #2 of the email, which included the link to the survey form. I didn't get around to trying the software for a couple of weeks after the download. It didn't occur to me to return to that email until you prompted me.

Here's a copy of the email as you requested. Sorry I didn't read it thoroughly the first time!

Download PhotoDirector Beta Version
Friday, June 3, 2011 10:34 AM
"CyberLink" <phd2011beta@cyberlink.com>
Add sender to Contacts
To:
jim@jim-el.net

Dear Jim Moore,

Thank you very much for participating in the PhotoDirector 2011 Beta Program. Please follow the instructions below:

To download the beta version, please access the FTP folder below.
To download the beta version of PhotoDirector click here.
After you have downloaded and tried PhotoDirector, please complete the PhotoDirector feedback form below. To receive the full version of the software for free, the feedback form must be submitted by June 20th, 2011.
To access the Feedback Form click here
If you have completed and returned the Feedback Form, please wait patiently for your free version of PhotoDirector which will be sent to your email address by June 30th, 2011.

If you have any suggestions or if you are experiencing any problems with PhotoDirector, please contact phd2011beta@cyberlink.com. For technical issues please fill out the Issue Report form and email it to phd2011beta@cyberlink.com with your system configuration, a short description of your issue, how to reproduce the problem and if possible please also send a screenshot of the problem you are facing and a CyberLink representative will reply to your problem as soon as possible.
To access the Issue Report Form click here.
Learn more about the amazing features of PhotoDirector 2011

Sincerely,
CyberLink Corporation

Prime7 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Jim,
I sent you a PM.

Regards,
Brandon
Deborah [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 25, 2011 08:37 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
This is new to me as well. And, like Jim-el I did not see the part about the survey deadline so I missed out as well on getting the free version. I was surprised and disappointed when I got an email thanking me for participating in the PhotoDirector 2011 Beta and letting me know that I could now buy the full version. Rats - I really thought it was going to be free! Even with the discount I can't afford to buy any software so I guess it is a no win situation. In the future I'll be sure to read everything so I don't miss out on another opportunity.
Jim-el [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, Deborah --

Your thoughts and feelings were identical to mine. And we came to the same conclusion, and personal resolution!

-- Jim-el
jrcro96 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 28, 2011 14:39 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I got a 5% discount offer I did the survey in time and got the email says i will get a free copy, But was wondering why the 5% offer?? does that mean i'm out of luck
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi John,

That email would have been sent to every forum member, I received it too, so don't worry about it, if CyberLink have advised that you are entitled to a free copy, you should receive the download link and activation key soon.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Prime7 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi John,
Can you pls help provide me with your email that you submitted your survey?

Regards,
Brandon
jrcro96 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 28, 2011 14:39 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
jr@crosno.org
Prime7 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi John,
You will have your copy after Jun 30.

Regards,