Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 9 and my old Dell desktop
[Post New]
PowerDVD 9 is included in Media Suite 8, which is bundled with the Sony BWU-500S BluRay burner I plan to buy.

My current desktop pc is an old Dell P4 3.6GHz pc, 2GB RAM (Windows XP SP2) and ATI Radeon X300 SE 128MB video card. Of course, I won't get HD picture quality from this ancient system but when I install the Sony BD drive and Media Suite 8, won't PowerDVD 9 still play a BluRay movie and output some kind of decent image? As long as I can get standard DVD movie quality I'm happy for now. At least it should look reasonably good since my card's DVI-D output feeds my excellent EIZO HD2442 monitor.

However, does PowerDVD 9 require XP's SP3? I hope not because when I installed SP3 on my Lenovo laptop it slowed down, even its Core 2 Duo processor.

Worst case: If PowerDVD 9 cannot play BD movie discs, can it at least play BD movie disc "scenes"? Is this done by clicking on the disc's Stream folder and then clicking on the largest of M2TS files first? Please advise.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 19. 2011 21:59