Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Scrolling text like creditd
iwannajag [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 18, 2007 08:22 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Does any one have any recommendation how I make text, like credits, scroll from the bottom of the screen to the top and then scroll of the top ?

I hope this make sense
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
Dear I,
While in "edit" mode, in your timeline, place any choice of titles, but lets use the "default" title for this.
Double click on the title and the editing module will appear, with your title in it.
Now, on the left of your screen, choose the "little fellow" for animation.
Now click the text you wish to alter animation for.
A menu of choices includes "scroll up". This animation actually affects both the beginning and end of the title, they don't all do that.
(Do not put too much text into a single title, rather use additional titles for additional credits.)
Choose that, then test. See an example at SMW site. Watch the credits for "Wings over Wheels".
Good luck, have fun.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 01. 2007 14:01

Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
iwannajag [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 18, 2007 08:22 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
thanks, that is exactly what I wanted to do. I will try it out
William [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 05, 2008 18:34 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
That works, but it's incredibly clunky. The should really let us have longer credits.
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
Clunky? I'm not sure I understand that. Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
William [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 05, 2008 18:34 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Clunky means inconvenient; more difficult to use than it should be.

There is no good reason why the program wouldn't let me have long credits in a single window. This would be more convenient for me, and it makes logical sense.
Barry
[Post New]
When I say not to put too much in a single title, I mean not to put every bloody credit from the actor to the caterer in a single title.
Break them up a little. When editing it, try to keep the text for each title onscreen, don't run off. I say this because there was some anecdotal evidence of minor glitches if the titles were too excessive. This may no longer be the case. Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Barry,

Loved your post, why didn't you go for the 'jugular' as well, it would have finished the post nicely.

Let em have it, give em both barrels

Have a good one

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots