Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
disappearing work files
Johanne [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 22, 2007 14:43 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,
this has happened to me a few times.

I finish some work on a project and I save it. Next time I go to
open it I get an error message that ask me to Browse/Ignore/Ignore All/Abort

If I choose Ignore All I get my tape with sound but no picture
Why is this happening?

Usually I start the work all over again but is there something else
I can do to save all this extra repeat work?[/b][b]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's what I do:
yes I save my work (pds) with a different name each time

My media files are in one location eg C drive/My Works but can be in it's own folder

These files make up my project - (file extensions and length of the project) my voice over is in wav
color boards and text are from PD
music is a mix of wav and mp3
the size so far is 487kb (half way through adding voice)

The warning message I get:.
Message warning:
An error occurred when opening this media file.
C:MyWorks/sit n fit 3.mpg
BROWSE IGNORE IGNORE ALL ABORT (choices to make)

Could the problem be this:
Sometimes to clear space, I delete example: the sound bits I don’t need anymore because I placed them in the track.

Or

If I move the file either to another folder or another place in the pc

Could the problem be this:
Sometimes to clear space, I delete example: the sound bits I don’t need anymore because I placed them in the track.

Or

If I move the file either to another folder or another place in the pc
no problem found
[b] Johanne Bee

Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
Kintara [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Bristol, England, UK Joined: Aug 29, 2007 15:43 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
If this occurs when opening a saved pds :- PD is looking for files that were in it's resources window (the one that shows thumbnails of files you want to use in the production) when it was saved. The thing is, if you move, delete or rename these originals then PD cannot find them to re-populate it's resources window and hence you are asked to "Browse" (look for the file)/Ignore(don't bother populating resource window with that file)/Ignore All (don't bother populate the resource window with any missing files) /Abort (quit the operation).
If you have moved the original files, then unless you tell PD where they are, they cannot be used to make the timeline. If they have been deleted or renamed then you will have to restore them and give them their original name, before they can be put back into the timeline.
Once they have all been found again then the timeline can be re-constructed by PD. Any missing ones will not be put into the timeline and so you won't have any video from said files.
Once the time line has been reconstructed you can remove thumbnails from the resources window, save and you will be able to open the pds file ok next time. The file that corresponds to the thumbnail needs to stay as it is and where it is. The thumbnail it's self isnt needed to reconstruct the time line, it's just a catalogue of the files that we may wish to use.
Blimey, have I made sense?
Hope that helps a bit
Kintara
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
Johanne [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 22, 2007 14:43 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
yes, thank you Johanne Bee

Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Johanne,

Glad to see you've been answered. Thanks for the emails.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 30. 2007 12:31