Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Newbie with audio on timeline problems
Rosiemount [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 29, 2007 15:50 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, new to the JVC HDD recorder and the MOD files. Using the basic software Cyberlink PowerDirector Express which came with the camera. Have imported all the relevant MOD files and they appear to play ok. However when I drag them into the timeline the audio gets all mixed up or is missing alltogether. I keep reading that an upgrade to V6 is required but I am very reluctant to spend any additional money if the basic version won't do something as simple as I'm requiring it to do. Have previously used Windows Movie Maker which although simple and basic, is really easy to use and does what I require it to do. I would carry on using this but it doesn't recognise the MOD files.

Has anybody else experienced this problem and managed to solve it without resorting to spending more money?

Any help greatly appreciated.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Rosiemount,

The PD package you have has limited options available - it is very much a basic editor. PowerDirector 6 Deluxe is the one you should opt for. The added features will ensure your output will have the zip of a pro (so long as you have decent camera skills ).

The learning curve is easy to climb and ...oh heck take a look at what's been produced here... and join up - because we have "extras" for members. http://seemyworldonvideo.com/index.php

Dafydd

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Aug 31. 2007 14:33

Rosiemount [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the response. I appreciate the software is very basic but I would have expected it to be able to handle basic transitions like fades without messing about with the audio. I'm very nervous about spending the money on PD6 only to find I'd still have the same issue.

I'm not interested at the moment on splitting the audio and visual so getting my head round why it is happening is a bit difficult.

Would a trial version do the same and would I have more success than with the basic version I have?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've sent you a PM.

Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorted I think, just waiting for Rosiemount/Shirley to post the results.

Dafydd
Rosiemount [Avatar]
[Post New]
Success Dafydd at last. I downloaded the file you provided from Cyberlink and produced a test movie. All worked perfectly - sound and vision in perfect synchronisation. Obviously a corrupted copy of the software included with the camera.

Thank you very much for helping with this and for persisting until you got it resolved. I now feel much more confident about upgrading to 6 which I'm thinking of doing shortly. Just in the process of upgrading the laptop so will wait until then.

No doubt as I use the software more and more I will have some more questions to ask! :
Benjamin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 17, 2007 08:25 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd,

I was wondering if you could send me the same file that you sent to Rosiemount. I have the same problem as Rosiemount in that there is no audio when the movie is played on the timeline. I talked to Rosiemount and they said whatever you sent them worked great, so is there any way I could get the same file? I would really appreciate it, this problem has been driving me crazy!!!

Thank you
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Benjamin,

I'll do my best and send you an email when I have more news for you.

Dafydd

john [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 16, 2008 21:36 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd,
Could you send me the file you sent Rosiemount.
I bought jvc gz-hd3 camera including Power Director 5 NE Express.
When I import .tod file to convert into mpg file, the mpg file works with PD player.However the audio is distorted in Windows media player!!

Can you help!

john
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
John,

Please post under your own new heading, the issue that Rosiemount had was not the same as yours.

Thanks

Dafydd
Aidan1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 26, 2012 15:17 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem. My videos play fine, with audio, in PD - until I move them into the timeline and then try to play in the media player, at which point the audio drops out.

I don't have the same problem on my wife's computer, using exactly the same files. She's on Vista, I'm on Windows 7, if that makes any difference.

Any help or advice much appreciated.
guga [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 22, 2012 16:31 Messages: 52 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Aidan1, looks like you still have this issue. Have you considered reverting it back?