Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I need a new 30 day trial
tonycog [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 23, 2011 22:52 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
Hi
I would appreciate any input. I installed PD9 to try for 30 days. I need to try it before I will pay. However, time got away from me and I was unable to actually use the software much. Is there any way that I can get another 30 day trial?

I'm not trying to play games here. Any video produced will have an watermark on it until I pay, right? I just need to actually use the software before I will pay for it. Is there any way?

Thanks,
Tony
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Probably have to contact customer service and explain that you wish an extension. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
The 30 day trial time is fixed and is not circumventable on your current system - it's a security issue which CyberLink are very unlikely to assist you with.

A complete system re-install will enable you to start again with any and all 30 day programs.

If you provide a diagnostic file - see guides (info) below - members will be able to look at your system spec and give you an opinion on how good it is for PD9.

Cofion gorau
Dafydd
tonycog [Avatar]
[Post New]
I guess I think the 30 day limit is pretty foolish considering they also plant a watermark on anything produced. It will be Cyberlink's loss since I'll likely look elsewhere. Hey Cyberlink: If you want a shot at a sale, contact me. Otherwise I'll be moving on.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
tonycog,

If you can not decide in 30 days whether you want to buy PowerDirector or not, then you probably don't want the program.

The watermark is only in the first 5 seconds of the video. And does note that you are using a Trial. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Plus, in addition to the 30 day trial...
Upon purchase, there is another 30 day period in which you can obtain a full refund.
That’s a total of 2 months of free evaluation, at no cost to the consumer.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 24. 2011 20:07

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
tonycog [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sometimes circumstances force a change of plans. I installed the demo, then got occupied on the photo/video project I was involved with. The next thing I knew, the 30 days was up and I didn't have time to experiment. It was my mistake to install the software when I did. I should have waited.

I just asked a simple question about getting a new 30 day evaluation period to allow me to actually evaluate it. There's no need for snarky remarks.

Quote: tonycog,

If you can not decide in 30 days whether you want to buy PowerDirector or not, then you probably don't want the program.

The watermark is only in the first 5 seconds of the video. And does note that you are using a Trial.
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: It will be Cyberlink's loss since I'll likely look elsewhere. Hey Cyberlink: If you want a shot at a sale, contact me. Otherwise I'll be moving on.

You post like this and don't expect a snarky reply. Happy hunting for an editing program that is as good and as cheap as PowerDirector. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
TonyCog: You would be well advised to follow Dafydd's advice and totally uninstall your trial version of PD9. There are instructions in the "sticky" threads at the top of this forum. Then reinstall another trial version.

I concur with what the others have said as well. You will look far and wide, unsuccessfully, to find a video editing program as good as PD9 for the price.

Your call.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor