Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Question about the "Upgrade Version"??
Samoedaddy69 [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 24, 2010 20:29 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]
Will I have to install PowerDVD 10 if I purchase the PowerDVD 11 upgraded version? I ask because that is what usually causes problems that I have had. Also the new version comes with TrueTheater which I already purchased previously.

I am hoping that if I upgrade I can just download the new version and just go from there. I have a fresh Win 7 install right now.

Can anyone confirm?
Samoedaddy69 [Avatar]
[Post New]
A side note, why can I buy this software from someone else for cheaper than Cyberlink sells themselves?
nlc4481 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 30, 2011 10:31 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Yes you will have to install powerdvd 10 and activate it for the upgrade version to work. I can't answer your other question.
Samoedaddy69 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well at Major Geeks you can for only $10 more get the full version and still get the bonus software.

Makes me wonder why Cyberlink does not reward its longtime followers alittle more.