Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Need Customer Service Help!
DigitalVision [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 21, 2011 14:17 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I have been waiting to hear back from Cyberlink Technical Support since last Thursday! I just purchased PowerDirector 9 from Amazon.com. When I insert the CD to launch the program I get the Error Message on my F Drive:
F:\is not a valid Win32 application

I have checked all the specifications for my computer and operating system and they seem to be fine for this program.

I submitted a support ticket last Thursday and someone wrote back saying they had no record of my purchase. I then sent them another ticket and attached my invoice from Amazon. That was last Friday and still no one has gotten back to me! This morning I sent another message to customer service and still no reply.

I have a video project that I will be shooting on Wednesday and was hoping to have this program up and running by then. I currently work with iMovie on my Mac and wanted to try this new program for my PC.

All I want is a reply and some customer service. I would like to be able to download the program instead of trying to figure out what the heck is wrong with the CD they sent me. If anyone knows how I can get a phone number to call (without paying the $29.95 service fee), please let me know. Time is of the essence and waiting for 4 days for a simple reply is not great service in my book.

To anyone that can help . . . thanks!

Cheri
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Can you open the CD to view the files. Go to My Computer, or Computer, whichever the case may be, and right-click on the CD drive. Choose 'Explore'. If you can view the files, try dragging them to the computer and run the installer from there.

If you cannot view the files, try a different disc to verify that it is not your drive.

Next, do you have a DVD drive. It is possible that it is not a 'CD' at all. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
In the reviews section on Amazon for PD9 ultra I keep posting reviews to not to buy the boxed version and they keep deleting them... bout time for another... __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
DigitalVision [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 21, 2011 14:17 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Jaime-esque!
I did what you suggested and it worked! Too bad Cyberlink couldn't take the time to respond to me, but I sure appreciate your help. Hopefully I can start working on my project now.

Best Regards,

Cheri
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I glad it worked. Enjoy. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM