Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 11 Blu Ray & Media Center
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

thx - yes I have reproduced the issue and it is assigned to be fixed

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
AndreGB [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 13, 2011 21:18 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
That is very good news Michael! Thank you very much. Just to reply to your questions on the previous post.

Quote: so you are using MCE and I guess also the PDVD 11 MCE plugin, right?

Yes, that is correct. I was using the PDVD11 MCE plugin from inside the Media Center itself.

Please help to list down which functions do not work so I can escalate the reported issues

The same functions reported by the other members on this topic. Stop, Play, Pause, Fast Forward, Fast Backward, Next Chapter, Previous Chapter. There is just one more thing. On my remote there is a "Disc Menu" button (a disc inside a square) that on PowerDVD 10 used to call the Top Menu of BluRay movies. That function is not working on PDVD11 either. I'm not sure whether I got lucky with PDVD 10 or if that was really the intended function of that button. It was a nice easy access to the BD menu, instead of having to press the Information button and navigating to the "Menus" tab of PowerDVD.

I haven't had the chance to test the color buttons, the classic mode and the standalone mode (running PDVD directly from Windows itself). Sorry, busy week.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 28. 2011 12:04

Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

thanks for your testing - the issue is in at RD now

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
snipe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 14, 2010 14:55 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Same here, both MCE Remote and Keyboard not working... How can anyone miss that during testing? Cyberlink should see over their test management. This is a basic functionality that should be included in every test that is done on a new release.

It seems that the first purchasers are always doing the testing for Cyberlink?
Treyphan [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Detroit,Mi Joined: May 02, 2011 14:13 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all, this is my first post. I too am having the issue in Media Center with my remote buttons almost all not working. Volume is basically all that works. Im on Win 7 ultimate 64 bit. A This problem is only with the media center PowerDVD plugin, the remote works fine with all other aspects of media center. It also worked fine with Powerdvd 10 prior to the upgrade? I love the new remote app for android, works flawlessly on my EVO, and streaming video from the Evo to my HTPC works smooth as butter over my N network. One suggestion would be to make a "Media Center Mode" for the remote app. There are others out there, but as a large portion of your userbase uses WMC, to include the MC remote would be great. The mouse option works for now but back to the original problem.
Any word on a update or hotfix for the issue to resolve the ff/rew,play/pause, etc issue?? I use the software on my Home Theatre PC as well as recommend it to most my clients for their use.However, as nice of a job as you guys did on the new versions UI, I use it 99% of the time via Media Center, and having to use a mouse defeats the purpose.
AndreGB [Avatar]
[Post New]
They said they are working on the problem already, so we might see an update real soon.

One feature I am missing from the iPhone remote is the "Info Menu" available on my MCE remote (and that function does work with PDVD11). That function shows a menu at the botton of the screen with options like going back to main menu, media information, show information (that displays a box at the upper right corner of the screen with information about the current video such as duration, video codec and bitrate and audio codec and bitrate). Is there a way to implement that function on your iPhone remote, Michael?
canon1230 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 02, 2011 22:30 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
While this problem is being worked on and we are waiting for a fix, is it true that running PowerDVD 11 in Classic mode is a work-around?
mikesnav [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 06, 2011 21:42 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Yes! This is so frustrating!

When is this going to be fixed? I can't believe this was released with such a giant omission.
Belmontct [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Texas, USA Joined: Apr 23, 2011 23:05 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Powerdvd 11 does not work with MCE remotes unless you are running from the Windows desktop.

Pure comedy.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 08. 2011 21:15

Belmontct [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,

thanks for your testing - the issue is in at RD now

Br
Michael

Do you hav an ETA?
Belmontct [Avatar]
[Post New]
This is the message I got from Cyber Link Support
Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

I understand your concern related with remote control issue with PowerDVD 11.

I would like to inform you that, if you want to use the remote control for PowerDVD then you can use Infrared Remote Control so, that you can do interactive navigation of Blu-ray discs and DVD's.

However, media center remote control it will not work on PowerDVD 11, that is why you are getting the issue.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/support-login.jsp

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav
CyberLink Technical Support

It sounds to me that a media center remote will not work period.
bloodx [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 25, 2011 00:07 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I'm asking for a refund on this broken software after reading that last post.

I've had it with support asking me to do completely stupid things to fix their problems. The last response was to use 60hz. Yes, I'm sure that will fix PDVD 11 from hanging with AMD drivers in Classic mode.

But I have NO use what so ever if the regular remotes aren't going to work in Cinema mode. But do work in Classic. Which I admit, I doubt the response is correct, based on how useless their responses to me have been.

I think they should just take PDVD 10 and put a 11 on it.

RandomS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 17, 2011 21:49 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Is there any ETA on a fix for this issue? I just purchased PowerDVD 11, and I'm experiencing exactly the same thing -- no remote transport controls while in Cinema mode.
AndreGB [Avatar]
[Post New]
It is truly taking a lot of time. I just don't know why they wouldn't make it work with regular remotes. Because they want to sell iPhone apps? That would be TOO low and a step backwards from version 10. In my opinion, softwares should never take a step back.
RandomS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 17, 2011 21:49 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Three days ago, on May 18, CyberLink tech support told me:

...this issue has been escalated to the research team and they are trying hard to get rid of it. Hope it will be resolved in the next patch. So we request you to have patience till it is been resolved.

I guess we just need to have patience...
[Post New]
Hi,

the patch is in final test process and will be released soon.

thanks for your patience

Werde Facebook Fan
AndreGB [Avatar]
[Post New]
Nice!!! Thank you Michael!
greetings [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 31, 2011 17:02 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I had the problem before of not being able to use my MCE remote's media buttons to control playback, and the latest update fixed that - but I still cannot access either the menu or popup menu. If you created keyboard shortcuts for those functions, I could assign either of my choice to the remote's single disc menu button (and it would totally be the pop-up menu, FYI).

As it is, it's frustrating having to exit the disc's playback and then get back in while preventing resumption of the feature you were watching just to gain access to a menu

Is this just me or is it affecting everyone? It's pretty much the only thing preventing my HTPC from being baseline functional.
AndreGB [Avatar]
[Post New]
I didn't even know about the update. PowerDVD seems not to warn about updates anymore.

As soon as I am able to test it I'll report on the pop-up menu button. But that is a very important function for a remote as well and yes, I would use the very same function as you.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 31. 2011 19:45

JMGNYC32 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 09, 2009 18:21 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
I've found if you move the mouse so that the PDVD control appear along the bottom right of the screen the pop-up menu works. However, if they disappear and you're just watching the movie and try for the pop-up menu nothing happens. If you move the mouse again however you'll see that it did pop-up. It just never was visible.
[Post New]
Quote: I didn't even know about the update. PowerDVD seems not to warn about updates anymore.

As soon as I am able to test it I'll report on the pop-up menu button. But that is a very important function for a remote as well and yes, I would use the very same function as you.

Hi,
PowerDVD still pop-up Patch message on startup - but you need to activate that PDVD can connect to the internet to receive Software information via Internet.

Sometimes a Firewall or AV solution may block communication as well

Br

Werde Facebook Fan